• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Opinions please on this ML 350

Abb

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes
As title suggests, just been for a viewing on this car in the link. Is as described, but just wanted to know what you guys think re spec, price etc. don't know what's standard equip and what isn't! What's not listed but it does have, is reverse camera and power tailgate, aswell as linguatronic and top of the range command. I didn't even know there were different levels of command, or is that a sales pitch??

http://www.darrenallickcars.co.uk/u...nd-sat-nav/stokesley/north-yorkshire/15156603

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Are these that bad, or have I posted in the wrong section?!

I bought one yesterday, picking up tuesday
They say fuel economy is bad on them, otherwise good build-Better then RRS some say.
Matter of opinion I guess.Never had 4x4 before so looking forward to this one.
My mate had pre facelift one, mapped it and it was ok.In the end of the day it is a heavy car so cannot expect miracles.
I was really after low miles then a spec on mine.Have 31K on the clock, same in silver with black leather in Sport package.
There are some reviews on autocar, autotrader and few clips on youtube

Thank you Borys. I hear what you are saying re the weight/speed of the car, certainly not expecting it to be sprightly by any stretch of the imagination. Was just hoping someone maybe able to point out potential pitfalls, or weak points of that model. Had a W163 a few years ago, was a good reliable car, but they got slated in reviews, as you rightly say it's a matter of opinion.
Out of curiosity does yours have the same spec as the one I have listed?

We have a W163 and W164. The W164 is a much more car like experience, more X5 ish if I may describe it like that. The facelift models will be the best that the W164 can offer, and the 350 engine is smooth and powerful. I've heard of W164s with rust appearing around the seams of the rear doors, and behind the rear bumpers, so take a look just in case.

I cannot comment of the price, although you can work that out for yourself based upon a little research and how much you want the car. If you had asked the forum about the model or engine then it would be different, but asking about thoughts on this specific car AFTER you've viewed it tells me that it's not the right car for you. Good luck with your search.

Price looks good and mileage is low. Reversing camera is extra as are the memory seats and SATNAV. All have the power tailgate.

My 320CDI regularly hits 33mpg on a run but only 20mpg around town. Tyres last about 30K miles and are expensive (£265 each). Main battery is about £200 to replace and is a bugg3r to do as it is under the drivers seat.

Overall the ML is a very good reliable 4x4 but costly to repair.

David

As title suggests, just been for a viewing on this car in the link. Is as described, but just wanted to know what you guys think re spec, price etc. don't know what's standard equip and what isn't! What's not listed but it does have, is reverse camera and power tailgate, aswell as linguatronic and top of the range command. I didn't even know there were different levels of command, or is that a sales pitch??

Used Mercedes-Benz M Class ML350 CDi BlueEFFICIENCY Sport 5dr Tip Auto - COMAND SAT NAV for sale in Stokesley, North Yorkshire - Darren Allick Cars

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

i would not bother with that , you need either the 231 ml350 or 204 ml300 both faster than the previous cars

It is 350 rgds post above??
I'm very happy with mine.Paid 22k 30000 miles.No reverse camera otherwise all the same.
Happy that doesn't have airmatic too, another worry of my head
You need to see how comfy you feel init.Has to suit you not us :-)
In the beginning was thinking it is a lot of money for ML but well worth it.Better then 2010 730d I had before.

I am liking the W164 more and more I have to say.

I have a 270cdi 163 that I adore but is a bit slow, and my old man has an ML350 W164, which I am liking more than I did at first.
It is too firm on 20's, and the interior materials are a step backwards, but the engine is sweet for a diesel and I may grab it off him when he sells. I think he is now a BMW fan and will get an X5 or go for a RR. He loves the 4x4 thing after the ML.

MPG is pretty poor on the W164 though, often at 20mpg un sub 10 mile runs, 25 is average, no matter what you do it ends up back there, and 32/33 on a steady run is the best you will see.

My ML270 sees only 34 on a run too, but it always sees 25+ and averages 29mpg.

When the 350cdi was in for a service he was lent the ML500, and that was showing 23mpg on it, and on his 9 mile track into work he said it was showing the same as the 350cdi, so probably as cheap overall to run. But he said he couldn't live with seeing 23mpg in the cluster! :D

There have been so superb ML500 bargains about, and usually very well specced.

I agree on airmatic, I wouldn't want it either, too costly when it goes wrong.

W164 on 18's and regular springs would do me.

Issues on the?

Wheel sensors go a lot, looking at £200 a corner.
Usual 7g gearbox issues, apart from that pretty good.

It is 350 rgds post above??
I'm very happy with mine.Paid 22k 30000 miles.No reverse camera otherwise all the same.
Happy that doesn't have airmatic too, another worry of my head
You need to see how comfy you feel init.Has to suit you not us :-)
In the beginning was thinking it is a lot of money for ML but well worth it.Better then 2010 730d I had before.

are you aware there is more than one version of ml350 ?

as is there more than one version of the ml300

The ML350 CDI is 231 BHP (later 2010 models) and will do 0-62 mph in 7.3 seconds

The ML300 (later 2010 models) with 204 BHP model will do it in 8.2 seconds

the later ml300 is actually faster than a pre2010 ml350

Last edited:
I am liking the W164 more and more I have to say.

I have a 270cdi 163 that I adore but is a bit slow, and my old man has an ML350 W164, which I am liking more than I did at first.
It is too firm on 20's, and the interior materials are a step backwards, but the engine is sweet for a diesel and I may grab it off him when he sells. I think he is now a BMW fan and will get an X5 or go for a RR. He loves the 4x4 thing after the ML.

MPG is pretty poor on the W164 though, often at 20mpg un sub 10 mile runs, 25 is average, no matter what you do it ends up back there, and 32/33 on a steady run is the best you will see.

My ML270 sees only 34 on a run too, but it always sees 25+ and averages 29mpg.

When the 350cdi was in for a service he was lent the ML500, and that was showing 23mpg on it, and on his 9 mile track into work he said it was showing the same as the 350cdi, so probably as cheap overall to run. But he said he couldn't live with seeing 23mpg in the cluster! :D

There have been so superb ML500 bargains about, and usually very well specced.

I agree on airmatic, I wouldn't want it either, too costly when it goes wrong.

W164 on 18's and regular springs would do me.

Issues on the?

Wheel sensors go a lot, looking at £200 a corner.
Usual 7g gearbox issues, apart from that pretty good.

is his the blueffiency model ? post 2010

is his the blueffiency model ? post 2010

Yeah Blue Efficiency, it is covered in silly badges, but the earlier one.

The figures are nonsense anyway.

There is no way that 7 bhp and only 30nm of torque can knock a over a second off the 0-60mph times, without changing the traction software, gearbox software or the gearing.
They have not changed the gearing, so maybe it gets off the line quicker due to newer gearbox software?

The figures are a nonsense anyway....

Look at the Automobile-Catalog the complete Catalog of Cars, car specs database website where they test every car against manufacturers claimed figures....

224PS

Detailed specs review of 2009 Mercedes-Benz ML 350 CDI 4Matic DPF (model since mid-year 2009 for Europe )

231PS

Detailed specs review of 2011 Mercedes-Benz ML 350 CDI 4Matic DPF (model up to June 2011 for Europe )

Look at the test figures.

231bhp..

0-20 mph (s):

0-30 mph (s):

0-40 mph (s):

0-50 mph (s):

0-60 mph (s):

Drag times:

0- 1/4mile (s):

speed at 1/4mile:

134 km/h / 83 mph

0- 1km (s):

Driving range

(miles on tank)

average combined:

548 miles

==============================================

224bhp....

0-20 mph (s):

0-30 mph (s):

0-40 mph (s):

0-50 mph (s):

0-60 mph (s):

Drag times:

0- 1/4mile (s):

speed at 1/4mile:

133 km/h / 83 mph

0- 1km (s):

Driving range

(miles on tank)

average combined:

559 miles

Just basic physics.

Drive them both back to back, they feel exactly the same.

Not sure how Mercedes got away with saying the MY11 model is 7.3 seconds, it is no where near that!

And everyone apart from the UK says the later model uses more fuel on their specs.

interesting figures , reading that looks like your better off going for a 2008 ml320 :)

7.3 -8.6 very strange for the 350

no dpf on the 320 either

Last edited:
I personally like my toys, can't see any adjustable suspension, sunroof or rear screens.

Also what about a V8 in these?

Facelift better engine,modified turbo intakes no swirl problems better on fuel, quieter
Driven both and wouldn't buy pre facelift

cls-surrey said:
are you aware there is more than one version of ml350 ? as is there more than one version of the ml300 The ML350 CDI is 231 BHP (later 2010 models) and will do 0-62 mph in 7.3 seconds The ML300 (later 2010 models) with 204 BHP model will do it in 8.2 seconds the later ml300 is actually faster than a pre2010 ml350

Ml300 is a ml300
Ml350 is a ml 350

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom