• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Over the air map updates

dwr123

Car
C250
I have a 2019 W238 E220d with Comand system. In the Mercedes Me app on my mobile Map it says Update Europe 29/06/2023 is not installed. this is V16. In the car update section it says all updates are installed.

My car has NTG 5.5 version 22 map installed.

I am confused. Do i need this update? all other uodates indicated on my mobile show as installed, including previous map updates.

I subscribe to the Mercedes Me nav pack. Maybe I shouldnt if i cant get uodates?

All advice appreciated

Do you have automatic updates activated at the car?

In any case I would download maps from Mercedes Me and perform the update manually (with a USB stick).

Are map releases model specific?? We have NTG 5.5 in our 2019 W205, and that's had V25.0 on it since Set. 19th.

As above I download map updates on my computer via the Mercedes Me portal, although to an SD card rather than a USB stick. Only your 'home region' (UK) will update OTA - if you want anything else (e.g. Europe) you have to download that yourself anyway.

Capture.JPG

This seems to confirm V25.0 is the latest for NTG 5.5:

Are map releases model specific?? We have NTG 5.5 in our 2019 W205, and that's had V25.0 on it since Set. 19th.

As above I download map updates on my computer via the Mercedes Me portal, although to an SD card rather than a USB stick. Only your 'home region' (UK) will update OTA - if you want anything else (e.g. Europe) you have to download that yourself anyway.

View attachment 147860
That sounds good. Where on the portal can i find the download? I cant see it anywhere

That sounds good. Where on the portal can i find the download? I cant see it anywhere

You'll need to get hold of a copy of the Mercedes Benz Download Manager for COMAND software. It's available from various forums. Strangely the.maps download is not available directly from the Mercedes Benz website (unless things changed since I last checked).

I agree it's not that obvious!

After logging in, go to 'My Dashboard' then scroll down a fair way to 'Manage Vehicle' and click on 'Manage Digital Extras':

1696758482699.png

Then scroll down some more, and yo should see 'Online Map Update' ... click on that:

1696758582214.png

Select 'Update regions manually', then it will guide you from there:

1696758653890.png

1696758737040.png

You have to click on the map region(s) you want to update - it will guide you through downloading & installing Download Manager if you don't already have this on your computer. You can use a USB stick or SD card (assuming your car has an SD card slot - it's in the centre console in our W205). If you have this connected to your computer before starting Download Manager it will select this for you and you just have to confirm.

The download takes quite a while if you're updating Europe as well as the UK, Download Manager handles this and shows the status. Once done you just insert the stick/SD card in your car - it should detect the map update(s) on there and prompt you to install. You can drive the car as normal while this is being done - once complete it will ask if you want to restart Comand to use the new maps (you can decline this and it just uses them next time you start it up).

Hope that helps!

PS they have a support team for Mercedes Me that you can email directly at:

[email protected]

They are in the Netherlands and have been excellent when I've used them.

I agree it's not that obvious!

After logging in, go to 'My Dashboard' then scroll down a fair way to 'Manage Vehicle' and click on 'Manage Digital Extras':

View attachment 147902

Then scroll down some more, and yo should see 'Online Map Update' ... click on that:

View attachment 147903

Select 'Update regions manually', then it will guide you from there:

View attachment 147904

View attachment 147905

You have to click on the map region(s) you want to update - it will guide you through downloading & installing Download Manager if you don't already have this on your computer. You can use a USB stick or SD card (assuming your car has an SD card slot - it's in the centre console in our W205). If you have this connected to your computer before starting Download Manager it will select this for you and you just have to confirm.

The download takes quite a while if you're updating Europe as well as the UK, Download Manager handles this and shows the status. Once done you just insert the stick/SD card in your car - it should detect the map update(s) on there and prompt you to install. You can drive the car as normal while this is being done - once complete it will ask if you want to restart Comand to use the new maps (you can decline this and it just uses them next time you start it up).

Hope that helps!
Whey Hay all done. Thank you for your detailed instructions. I appreciate your time.

David

Whey Hay all done. Thank you for your detailed instructions. I appreciate your time.

David

You're welcome - glad to hear you got it sorted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom