• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

P0100 code on my 320CDI

allias

Car
00' W210 Est 320CDI
Hello

I have problem with my CDI. Well let start with fact it had leaking seal under injectore 2 and it was blowing and coughing like s..t. That was fixed but...

Big cloud of smoke coming from a tailpipe. It was worst before but now its only at higher load when accelerate harder. Well everything runs fine and I did leak off test and injectors are fine. Car runs smooth.

I decided to check for codes and this is what I found:
P0100 Bank 2/5 (Hot Film Mass Air Flow Sensor) Plausibility 1

What do you suggest? Is there any way to check MAS? I dont want to spend money, to buy new one straight away. Can I check voltage or load(resistance) on sensor itself. I checked readings on MAs and it looks like it works fine as the readings change with change of posistion of accelarate pedal.

Is it definite as its MAS or is it air temp sensor? Help - please...

Is that defenitive? Is there way to test it?

So I swaped MAF with friends 320CDI and used STP injectors cleaner for diesel and I noticed to doesnt smoke as much as it was. But it still dont feel right.

When I accelerate it goes nice but it feel as it would have huge turbo lag. Sometimes it happens when I got along at 2000RPM and if I decide to speed-up then rpms first go up then go down and then accelarate.

It almost feel as it would be in limp mode but I dont see the reason why would this go into limp mode. I didnt scan it after MAF swap but before I only had that one fault. To be honest I didnt clear it as well (I dont think it make a diffrance as it wasnt in limp mode before).

WTF is happening with my car? Turbo? MAF? Something else?

There are a few possible issues. STOP guessing at get it diagnosed properly with good diagnostic equipment such as a Star. A generic fault code reader will tell you FA.

A diagnostic check will only cost about £20 from an independent.

I do suspect possibilty of MAF, blocked or dirty EGR, a split boost hose or intercooler or blocked CATS.

1. MAF - checked.
2. EGR - will be checking on weekend.
3. Split boost pipe - which one? Where?
4. Intercooler? Cats? You joking :wallbash::wallbash: ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom