• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Paris Olympics 2024

Darrell

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Back in Mill Hill but sometimes in Skiathos
Car
Gixxer 6, Citroen Berlingo, 911 C4S, Dacia Duster and lots of bicycles.
Massive sports fan here and it’s great to see Team GB on the medal table so early.

I’m looking forward to watching Adam Peaty in his final tomorrow.

I’ve never noticed it before but I’m now starting to count the amount of times interviewee’s say ‘yeah’ whilst being asked questions!!

Yeah

Tbh. We didn’t quite understand the scoring. Or the fact that both contestants were attached to a line. But still enjoyed it.
I think the line has something to do with the electric sensors. For the scoring.

They also have different swords determined by weight. Epee, Foil and Sabre.
That’s all I know.

Oh, and Bruce Dickinson was good at it.

I think the line has something to do with the electric sensors. For the scoring.

They also have different swords determined by weight. Epee, Foil and Sabre.
That’s all I know.

Oh, and Bruce Dickinson was good at it.
Didn’t one of the competitors get done a decade or two ago for having switch built into the handle of his sword?

The sport I've watched so far has been great....watched the fencing (my son fences) and just finished watching the Canadians squeak past the Greeks in a great basketball game. .....

......but

........in my 57 years or watching the Olympics that was without doubt the most sh1te opening ceremony I've ever seen. It looked disjointed, like no one knew what they were doing and it looked like it was completely unrehersed and boring. Of course the rain did not help.. but it would not have been much better in sun. The TV coverage was also very poor.....should have got the BBC involved! I hope whoever (nearly) organised that fiasco...including the upside down Olympic flag...is already on his/her way to an appointment with Madam Guillotine! Very disappointing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom