• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Paris Olympics 2024

Really? Where did I say that? I’m more into triathlons and their individual sports tbh.

Obviously subjective then.

The proof is there if you look.

Boxing clubs are big business now along with the fitness part of it. Boxercise is now huge.

I’d like to see more money invested in it as well but will we see a decent return?
Thank you for your well thought out response.
I will leave it there.

……This is often trotted out as a positive from our Olympic efforts but I have yet to see any proof of it. Maybe you could provide it?…..
To be fair it’s very well documented that many of our current Olympians were inspired to take up their chosen sports because of seeing Olympic success by their predecessors when they were kids.

Reactions: JHS
To be fair it’s very well documented that many of our current Olympians were inspired to take up their chosen sports because of seeing Olympic success by their predecessors when they were kids.
That is not in dispute at all. What is,is the suggestion that there will be a wholesale dash by our youth to take up sport as a result of the vast sums invested.
In any case, it is over. Time to enjoy the Paralympics.

That is not in dispute at all. What is,is the suggestion that there will be a wholesale dash by our youth to take up sport as a result of the vast sums invested.
They’ll not be a dash as such. More like history repeating itself with a section of youth being inspired by our current Olympians.

Yes. Looking forward to the Paralympics. 🥳

They’ll not be a dash as such. More like history repeating itself with a section of youth being inspired by our current Olympians.

There’ll be a load of kids jumping on the bandwagon that’ll slowly waver as time goes on and only the most determined (and talented) will carry on through.

There’ll be a load of kids jumping on the bandwagon that’ll slowly waver as time goes on and only the most determined (and talented) will carry on through.
Talent will always shine through, and it's great that those with that talent are being supported by funding.
If anyone wants to discuss wasting money, lets look at foreign aid.

Or as a neighbour of ours who is famous for mixing up her words said......."I'm looking forward to watching the Paralytics" 😄
She was the one who once on a night out in the local pub asked for a WD40 instead of a WKD:doh:

You believe our investment is purely for the Olympics? I would suggest you try following the World Athletics both indoor and outdoor, the World Swimming events etc etc. The Olympics occur every 4 years the work to get our youth to those games take their lifetime.

You believe our investment is purely for the Olympics? I would suggest you try following the World Athletics both indoor and outdoor, the World Swimming events etc etc. The Olympics occur every 4 years the work to get our youth to those games take their lifetime.
"The following tables state our UK Sport funding awards to sports for the current Olympic and Paralympic cycles, for both the summer and winter games."

"The following tables state our UK Sport funding awards to sports for the current Olympic and Paralympic cycles, for both the summer and winter games."
It is better to use the term Olympic and Paralympic cycles, better than saying every 4 or 5 years, I stand by my comment that commitment of our sports men and women is a lifetime NOT just every 4 years, and the funding is also spent on our athletes gaining world honours

Absolutely 🥳👍👌
Mary Peters would be my best Grandmother and so good to see Tessa Sanderson again.

We’re big fans of Emily Campbell in our house so watching the little montage with young female lifters of the future (and the older lady) actually bought a tear to my eye. Respect to body positivity.

Last edited:
Mary Peters would be my best Grandmother and so good to see Tessa Sanderson again.

We’re big fans of Emily Campbell in our house so watching the little montage with female lifters of the future (and the older lady) actually bought a tear to my eye. Respect to body positivity.
I don’t think I’ve ever agreed with one of your posts as much as this one.

Mrs, Miss Ant & I echo your thoughts.

And Tessa Sanderson!! TWO YEARS OFF 70! 🥳🤗😍

I don’t think I’ve ever agreed with one of your posts as much as this one.

Mrs, Miss Ant & I echo your thoughts.

And Tessa Sanderson!! TWO YEARS OFF 70! 🥳🤗😍
And clean bandit to finish up with.

The Paralympics have started.
The Paralympic swimming on Ch4 is inspiring, as are the other sports that have been featured.
I am not usually an emotional person, but my eyes have been watering, and not just due to age.
I cannot imagine what a quadriplegic backstroke swimmer has had to overcome.

First track event and first 3 finishers under the world record!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom