Park Assists Disabled on all new Mercedes help!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No idea but I thought the sensors used in these MB systems were not of the required specification to comply with the UN regs. Sensors used in other MB models (S class?) were ... Explains why the system will not be re-enabled at a later date?

Either way, the wheel steering sensors are only required if the car is capable of speeds exceeding (from memory) 10mph while auto-driving? My Hyundai parks itself when there's no one in the car. I am assuming that Hyundai simply limited the speed while remote-parking.

Either way, the wheel steering sensors are only required if the car is capable of speeds exceeding (from memory) 10mph while auto-driving? My Hyundai parks itself when there's no one in the car. I am assuming that Hyundai simply limited the speed while remote-parking.
The sensors I was thinking of are the 'radar' sensors mounted to detect obstacles

Maybe significant that in the info from MBUK they say at the moment this has been disabled on all vehicles which have it.
Perhaps as Brexit finalises this might be enabled due to UK regs diverging from the EU reg (which hasn't actually come in force yet)?
I think BREXIT is an excuse!! I think they worry their Driver Assist will be compared to other manufacturers who are leading in this technology, so it's removed which is counterproductive as they would learn from feedback how to improve. If BREXIT was the reason! how can other manufacturers maintain and keep their systems irrespective if the EU brought out a new directive!
The Germans made amazing cars that lasted years and were the best of what was around up to this time. However, they need to provide for those customers looking more short term, and wish to embrace new technology where the Germans are lagging behind.

I was incorrect it saying it was an EU reg it is in fact from the UN and so would be world-wide. The UK leaving the EU would have no impact on this..

Please PM me the reg of your vehicle or your VIN. I'll look at the options and see what they have done. (i.e option code change, or change to software ...)

R
Hi Richard, just saw this thread, Is it possible to do code change to activate the park assist? I just got my GLB which was build end of 2021.

I’ve just checked the swedish MB homepage and the only models without the active park assist option are all EQ versions and the GLC both SUV and Coupe. All other models have that option as available to order.

So what is the difference here?

I’ve just checked the swedish MB homepage and the only models without the active park assist option are all EQ versions and the GLC both SUV and Coupe. All other models have that option as available to order.

So what is the difference here?

I only checked EQS, isn't "Aktiv Parkeringsassistent" actually standard in Sweden. You can have it with the basic rear view camera or the 360 camera.

I only checked EQS, isn't "Aktiv Parkeringsassistent" actually standard in Sweden. You can have it with the basic rear view camera or the 360 camera.
I actually had forgotten about the EQS. Yes that one has the active parking assist as standard. On the other hand the EQB doesn’t have it, not even as an option.

E835BDE8-65C9-4A2A-9F90-4E11E0CE4D1F.jpeg2BE5A47B-915C-4A6F-9B62-F945A8DAC7EB.jpeg

Hi,

I have recently picked up my new GLC 300 de and after a few days noticed the park assist wasn't working, after returning the car to the service department they spent 3 days diagnosing the issue to then tell me it was disabled due to new EU rules. I am annoyed by this as it was listed in the advert and broacher as being included with the cars, so I contacted Mercedes Central and they confirmed as follows:-

I am contacting you in response to your recent enquiry in relation to Mercedes-Benz Park Assist in your car detailed above.

"Unfortunately the information is correct, at the moment this has been disabled on all vehicles which have it. The reason for this is due to a revision in EU Regulation UN R79 relating to automotive standards and safety which comes into place as of 2021.

Please see the link below, for further information:

https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=CELEX:42008X0527(01)"

Has any one else had this issue and is there a way of turning it back on.

Thank you for your help in advance.
I picked up a GLC AMG Premium plus 2 weeks ago and found the parking assist doesn’t work. I’ve discovered that all GLC have been switched off. A company in London called RJ AUTO can easily switch this back and will be done for me when they also install Distronic. This company have many other options that can be switched on.

I picked up a GLC AMG Premium plus 2 weeks ago and found the parking assist doesn’t work. I’ve discovered that all GLC have been switched off. A company in London called RJ AUTO can easily switch this back and will be done for me when they also install Distronic. This company have many other options that can be switched on.

Sounds like mercupgrades (when the person was even younger than today) with new toys...

Does the "Many other Options" include the Software required to Activate the "Built in Dash Cam"? 🤔 :rolleyes: ;)

Sounds like mercupgrades (when the person was even younger than today) with new toys...

mercupgrades is Comand UK, though I don't think they can reactivate Active Park Assist?

On another note, how do you declare this mod to your insurer?

I hope that works for you, let us know how it goes as i am sure there is many on here that would like that. :thumb:

Is this what I know as " Active Parking Assist " on my EQC?

b083171434ae15a4ac190d2b049b06b7_1_-----.jpg

What does your manual say?

Dunno :D:oops:

Thread is about park assists being disabled on new Mercs - my EQC is new, I have that Park Assist button so am assuming that it doesn't work properly. Not tried it if I'm honest. Will have a go when I leave work.

Tried the Park Assist last night on leaving work and at first didn't think it worked. Was driving round an "empty" car park and it wasn't flagging up any spaces?

I then realised that you wouldn't need PA in an empty car park and drove down to where some cars were parked, it found a space between two and after some fiddling on the dash it promptly told me to reverse then took over the parking.

This is on a '71 plate EQC for reference.

Tried the Park Assist last night on leaving work and at first didn't think it worked. Was driving round an "empty" car park and it wasn't flagging up any spaces?

I then realised that you wouldn't need PA in an empty car park and drove down to where some cars were parked, it found a space between two and after some fiddling on the dash it promptly told me to reverse then took over the parking.

This is on a '71 plate EQC for reference.

Does this EQC still have the older MBUX version? Obviously not that much need for parking assist on an empty parking lot but it would still help getting the car properly between the lines. The later version of MBUX allows the driver to pick up any available slot and even select between nose or rear first. I guess the later one makes use of cameras while the older ones just use the rear side sensors (plus parktronic watching after).

Does this EQC still have the older MBUX version? Obviously not that much need for parking assist on an empty parking lot but it would still help getting the car properly between the lines. The later version of MBUX allows the driver to pick up any available slot and even select between nose or rear first. I guess the later one makes use of cameras while the older ones just use the rear side sensors (plus parktronic watching after).

I guess the newer version given that it's a brand new car? I think it gave me options for nose or rear first.

The later version of MBUX allows the driver to pick up any available slot and even select between nose or rear first. I guess the later one makes use of cameras while the older ones just use the rear side sensors (plus parktronic watching after).

Active Park Assist on COMAND NTG 5.5 allowed nose first or tail first and gap selection ... would be surprised if that didn't carry forward to MBUX??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom