PCP Falling Short

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Nope – what you said was:

Don’t despair – you said something which might mislead people. It would better if you just stopped digging your hole now.

What does the VW one say?

Pedantry is not a good look or attitude to have.
If you had specifically asked me what the MB deals are then I would have looked for you.
You posted " You may be able to get a deal but generally leasing companies want all the outstanding payments if you bale early."
That is incorrect in the majority of cases.
You are purely trying to provoke an argument based on semantics.

Stop it, grow up and behave like an adult.

If this is the general attitude of the members on here (which to be fair apart from you it would seem that is not the case) then I don't think I'll be spending much more time on here as I really cannot be ****d with small minded, argumentative, "look at me I've got a Mercedes" keyboard warriors who look to pick holes in information they requested and has been provided.
If you are so knowledgeable, why bother asking?

You must be either a copper or a teacher with that attitude. :D

:wallbash:

W
If this is the general attitude of the members on here (which to be fair apart from you it would seem that is not the case)

I would comment that I also thought your rather sweeping 50% statement needed correction or qualification. You've only qualified it when challenged and the manner in which you have done so was less than graceful IMO.

I would also suggest you read your own responses and actually compare the tone of your own posts with that generally used on these forums before making such a comment on 'the general attitude of the members'.

:mad:

[FX: Dryce shuffles off grumpily back to his damp cave to read old 1970s editions of 'Car' and 'harummphhhh' while contemplating the words of LJK Setright on Honda exhausts and Bristol motor cars ]

The only warrior I see here is mike_es. Members are rather nice and helpful. No need to fight.

I would comment that I also thought your rather sweeping 50% statement needed correction or qualification. You've only qualified it when challenged and the manner in which you have done so was less than graceful IMO.

I would also suggest you read your own responses and actually compare the tone of your own posts with that generally used on these forums before making such a comment on 'the general attitude of the members'.

:mad:

[FX: Dryce shuffles off grumpily back to his damp cave to read old 1970s editions of 'Car' and 'harummphhhh' while contemplating the words of LJK Setright on Honda exhausts and Bristol motor cars ]

You know what, you could be right about qualification, however, look at all the other companies mentioned in the link.
Between 50-60% of payments. :doh: So, generally, I am actually right, but we won't labour the point.

I am not guilty of generalisation, the other guy is, whatever his name is.
As a point of interest, other companies that I have worked for like Suzuki and Kia also state 50% escape clause.

As for the other comment about me being the warrior, I have failed to witness any helpful attitudes on here towards me with regards to a question I posted, as a test, merely an indifference to supposed "newbies", so, I suppose a banning will ensue as soon as someone complains about me having an opinion and trying to provide information which was requested and provided.

The post mentioning cliques in other forums seems to apply here also.

I wonder if the BMW forums are the same?

Note to self, do not have an opinion, or if you do keep it to yourself in case someone doesn't agree.

You know what, you could be right about qualification, however, look at all the other companies mentioned in the link.
Between 50-60% of payments. :doh: So, generally, I am actually right, but we won't labour the point.

As a point of interest, other companies that I have worked for like Suzuki and Kia also state 50% escape clause.

As for the other comment about me being the warrior, I have failed to witness any helpful attitudes on here towards me with regards to a question I posted, as a test, merely an indifference to supposed "newbies", so, I suppose a banning will ensue as soon as someone complains about me having an opinion and trying to provide information which was requested and provided.

Note to self, do not have an opinion, or if you do keep it to yourself in case someone doesn't agree.

You would probably get more out of the forum if you took it a little less seriously.

I am not guilty of generalisation,

IMO you were - twice - and then just in case we all missed it you added a third shouty version in extra large red characters!

(Nice choice of shade for the red by the way .... )

And of course this is a MB forum so the generalisation that 100% of outstanding payments is due is rather truer within context that your stated generalisation of '50%'.

IME no.

Different forums have their own character.

In the midst of this little spat I did learn something thanks to yourself and Rory. So you've both had some information or explanation to offer that proved vaguely useful. That surely is a good thing.

I think the note to self might better amended to 'when expressing a opinion or counter opinion stay chilled especially when a bit of friction starts to add some heat'.

I have a test for you; have a look through the extensive membership list and see how many people joined, asked a question or two and either disappeared entirely when they got what they wanted or only started contributing/participating again because they needed something again.

The alternative to the test is to hang around for long enough, being as helpful as you can be, to see how you feel about-
A. being tested by a someone with "New Member" status and
B. seeing endless new names you only see once or twice and people resurfacing only when they need something.

Before you decide on which test you wish to take, keep in mind that many, many new members have managed to join in with, debated with, gone toe to toe with, etc etc, with some very long-serving and cantankerous members without feeling the need to be melodramatic about it.

Last edited:
Try being a member and going from an E Coupe into a BMW 5 Series .......

The abuse I've had to suffer - you know who you all are :)

This place is all about the people - and there are some of the most helpful, friendly and truly knowledgable people around here.

Like all good fora - leave your hat at the door, wipe your feet on the mat and pull up a comfy chair and relax.

going from an E Coupe into a BMW 5 Series .......

The abuse I've had to suffer - you know who you all are :)

Steve, to attain some more abuse you should start a thread 'We need a BMW sub forum' :D

Was beginning to think I'd upset somebody else then. :doh:

Wow - you certainly have a knack. I've given up the forum rather than waste time reading your aggressive and unhelpful BS.

Wow - you certainly have a knack. I've given up the forum rather than waste time reading your aggressive and unhelpful BS.

So the dust settles and everybody is OK and then *you* wade in unecessarily (and unhelpfully!) several days later. Why ?

:wallbash:

:doh:

:fail

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom