• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Pinter.

ToeKnee

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
R230 SL500 in teal blue, R231 SL500 in black. (Vauxhall insignia diesel now sold) Black Ford Mondeo
The Pinter home brew system, can anyone who uses one give me their opinion on it? I'm thinking of getting one but it seems to be a bit of a faff cleaning and sterilising for only 10 pints?

The Pinter home brew system, can anyone who uses one give me their opinion on it? I'm thinking of getting one but it seems to be a bit of a faff cleaning and sterilising for only 10 pints?
So that'll be a clean every other day then 🙃

So that'll be a clean every other day then 🙃
Only if you have several as there's a time delay between starting the process to drinking the beer! So I may get a few...... 😉

It's an excellent with very good results, I have had all 4 versions, Pinter 1 was OK, Pinter 2 had a few problems' with Pressure and Leakage which were addressed with Pinter 2.1 and then Pinter 3 was introduced!

Most folk have many Pinter's, I have 6 Pinter 3's they keep me well stocked up as long as you keep the "Rotation" going, if you join the Pinter Forum thar is planty of Help and Advice, if you join the Pinter Subscription Club the average cost of 10 Pints is around £14.99, if you buy more than 2 Fresh Presses per Month on Subscription you get free Postage (£2.50 normally)

Forget any previous "Home Brew Experiences" this stuff is better than buying Beer in the Pub, the downsides are the fact that you need Fridge Space to Brew and Condition your Beers and the initial cost! :banana:

The Cleaning/Sanitization can be done in Half an Hour, but most folk leave the Pinter to Soak for a while longer!

Last edited:
Some great info there John, plenty to think about especially the fridge space which, although I knew about, I hadn't really considered. Lots to think about. Thanks.

It's a well known phenomenon in the Pinter World it's called "Evaporation" :oops::rolleyes:;)
Not just Pinter brews - 2 of my 75cl bottles from my Christmas stock have already evaporated.
I blame the monks at Abbaye deVauclair for using substandard corks

I have had Pinter 2 and 2.1 and got some good results. The fresh dispense curly pipe tap was a total joke. I took advantage of the trade in deal for Pinter 3 and now have three of them and a Pinter 2 that I use with a home built spunding valve to manage pressure.

The new tap is pretty good but can drip a bit. Pinter have been messing with the brewing sugars and some beers have lost a bit of body and mouth feel. Adding muscavado sugar at 110g per ten pints helps with this, I only use bottled water and start the yeast in tepid water and sugar solution before pitching it in. A tilt hydrometer is handy if you want to monitor the brewing activity.

Cleaning is exactly what it is and possibly the most important step in using a Pinter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom