Pleased at the cost of insuring.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SportsCoupeRich

MB Enthusiast
Car
RRS
To buck a trend I am pleasantly surprised by the quote I have just received (and have not shopped about yet).

Admiral multi car.

The basics:

2 cars - brand new c63 estate, 2 year old Mini One Clubman.
2 drivers - c63, me (30 yr old, company director). Mini - me and SWMBO (29 yr old, self employed musician).
NCB - c63 - 12 years. Mini - 0 years.
Values - 55k, 5k.
Both parked on the street overnight without assigned bays.
Fulham/Chelsea border
5000 mpa C63, 8000 mpa Mini.

£1025 for the pair. Pretty good I thought.

Thoughts?

Very cheap for a street-parked high-performance car in Central London.

I pay a tad under £1k for two cars, but the Merc is a lowly C180, and the wife and I are both over 50.

Good price indeed.

Last edited:
I've just insured my c350 for less than the cost of the road tax!

That does sound very good for Central London, your ages and the fact that the 63 is brand new...

Our car is with Admiral right now and now I've given the company motor back I'll try them as a multi-car policy when I source a replacement car.

Just shopped about for my C250 on order. First quote without trying is 2/3 cheaper than my previous equivalent model 3 series.

Shhhhhh.... Before the insurance companies realise!

Good quote, although I'd have to be very desperate to go with the admiral group again, bunch of crooks!

They penalise you for glass damage on renewal (and yes you are required to disclaim it if you've had any) and they screw you over for a non fault claim, even one which wasn't even pursued and no money was paid out by either party in the end as it was dropped.

I just insured the slk with direct line and they want a tracker fitted, didn't say they needed that when I did a quote online, but when going with the policy it's a stipulation, also they want proof it has an immobiliser, which is crazy as they are standard, but they still want proof.

I was considering a tracker anyway, so this just made my mind up for me.

Looks like a good quote for your circumstances.

We've not taken up the multicar option for the last year or two as it has made so little difference that we'd assumed we could probably do better by shopping around on the second car. However, this year, the multicar on the C63 that we have just got made £160 difference and the quote for our second car (In approximately six months time) was also cheaper than we currently pay. I was pretty happy with that. We'll see what happens this time next year.

As for Admiral being a "bunch of crooks", I've got no experience of needing to use them (fortunately). I have needed to be involved with two insurance claims over the years, with different companies, and I definitely felt that neither exactly had my best interests at heart! So now I simply avoid them (As it sounds like you are doing with Admiral) and go with the cheapest quote, for the level of cover that I need, from companies that I have at least heard of.

I've started a 2 car search for my c220 cdi estate and a 96 w124 220 cabriolet and Admiral has come up with £815 for the pair, both parked in private drive in a low crime Surrey area

That's a great quote.

I have multicar with Adniral too - 98 C43 valued at 5k, 99 c220 sport wagon valued at 12k.

Parked on street in Battersea, self employed, 33 years old, wife 30, no points for either of us and 2 years NCB on the C43.

£630 fully comp.

When I had an S4 valued at 40k and lived in Fulham aged 30 it was just over 2k!

Have found having wife on insurance knocks a fair bit off.

Last edited:
The ideal Shoe for kids

There are lots of features to a shoe which should be regarded as prior to buying for any youngster. These characteristics are important to all of people but are much much more critical for that producing foot.The five characteristics are measurement, heel cup, fastener, toe box, and sole.SizeIt is very important to think about the duration and the width on the shoe. The most effective way to generate positive of this is usually to visit a shoe store in which they offer a fitting support. Bad fitting footwear for young children can lead to foot deformities, toenail and skin issues.Heel CupThe heel of the shoe should keep on for the kid's foot, this reduces the need to the foot to claw onto the shoe, and it adds stability towards the child's walking sample (Gait).FastenerThe best shoes maintain on to the foot, as an alternative to the foot keeping on to the shoe. The top place for a fastener is on top of the shoe, and it needs to be adjustable like laces, Velcro or perhaps a buckle. Present vogue of not fastening laces can result in a foot shifting about excessively inside a shoe, and never benefiting from its assist.Toe BoxLook at the shape in the toe box, can it be foot shaped or pointy? Foot shaped footwear, not shoe shaped toes is precisely what you ought to bear in mind. Also make certain the toe box is serious ample way too, this can decrease toenail difficulties.SoleThe correct shoe for the work will even choose the kind of sole. Normally, kid's pursuits indicate that a sole using a grip will go well with them greater.
Welcome to order, our website:

www.cheapjordans.us

That's a great quote.

I have multicar with Adniral too - 98 C43 valued at 5k, 99 c220 sport wagon valued at 12k.

Parked on street in Battersea, self employed, 33 years old, wife 30, no points for either of us and 2 years NCB on the C43.

£630 fully comp.

When I had an S4 valued at 40k and lived in Fulham aged 30 it was just over 2k!

Have found having wife on insurance knocks a fair bit off.

Is a 99 c220 sport wagon really worth 12 grand yet a 98 c43 is worth less than half.

They penalise you for glass damage on renewal (and yes you are required to disclaim it if you've had any)

I had glass damage repaired and heard nothing more at renewal from them...

Mind you, Direct Line said they wouldn't insure my car with a modified stock exhaust, but happily insure other member cars on here with the same.

They're all full of ****.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom