• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

POLL: Silver or not?

What colour is your car?

• Total voters

Kinky

MB Enthusiast
Car
All sorts of odds n sods
I'm curious as to the actual split of silver/real colour that we have for our cars here on this wonderful forum.

Kinky said:
I'm curious as to the actual split of silver/real colour that we have for our cars here on this wonderful forum.

2-0 to the BLUE corner.
:bannana:

Kinky,this colour thing is really eating you up isnt it,are you only just realising what a huge mistake you have made in purchasing a MB in anything but the divine SILVER. ;)

Last edited:
I have to confess that I really could not give a monkeys about the colour of our much loved cars.

It all started off as a throw-away comment a while ago, and seems to have snowballed (appropriately) from there.

That said however, I'm still up for the cake-off and mud-fest with our Pammy :bannana:

I'm really just keeping it up [ :o ] to keep everyone on their toes and generate some more fun here.

As for Fuzzer and his 2 silvers .... DOH! ok - everyone remember to add +1 to the silver tally. I've got a black alfa, cream lancia and white buick ... do they count?

K

PJH said:
Or to put it another way, you've made the same mistake TWICE. :D :D
he he - this gets my vote for response of the week!

You're on form tonight Patrick - nice one.

K

I have voted.

As the buyer of a pre-loved mercedes I didn't have the luxury of choosing the colour. I chose on the strengths of the condition, options, history and price. I would have quite happily bought a silver car if one had been available, but there weren't decent ones around at the time.

My only complaint with silver is that it is too popular at the moment! Practically all new mercedes cars I see are silver, which is such a shame when there are so many beautiful colours available for new cars!
joe said:
I see Black/Blue/Green etc........... Cars every day.

Be different............40% of new Mercedes Car owners can not be wrong..............lol
50% of all new MBs are silver, 47% of all new cars in general are silver. Does this mean that 47% of ALL new car owners cannot be wrong? This includes people at the Fiat stealership too remember :)

IMHO most cars look good in silver, especially mercedes models. :)

The Divine Silver…

esox said:
the divine SILVER. ;)

I believe Mercedes' House Colour used to be white but the cheapskate racing team didn't bother painting their cars to save weight.
So there you go, Silver is all part of an evil Mercedes cost cutting exercise.

Red is good… Piedmont Red

Does a varnished wooden sleigh count? I've got an MB emblem on it (Christmas present from the elvenfolk last year - but I think they knicked it off a Merc in Chiswick, which was blocking our entry to a house)
xmas.gif

vito113 said:
I believe Mercedes' House Colour used to be white but the cheapskate racing team didn't bother painting their cars to save weight.

Ahh, so does that mean that Silver is cheap?

Santa
xmas.gif

I bought 2nd hand so didn't get to pick the colour I most wanted. Back then had I had the choice, I would've bought zzzilver. However, the nice men in the white coats have made me all better and I don't have to stay in the room with the comfy walls anymore. :)

vito113 said:

Red is good… Piedmont Red
See,silver cars are lighter so they have better performance as well!!!

Santa said:
Ahh, so does that mean that Silver is cheap?

Well Santa, perhaps that would explain why it's such a common colour.
Never having bought a Silver car myself I could not be sure, I've always opted for Red, Blue, Yellow & Gold.

Last edited:
Ive voted RED But then im bias :devil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom