Positive experience at Kwik-Fit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have similarly positive feedback - I was very wary but had to replace all four tyres and they had a 10% off offer which no-one could get close to for PS4S’s. Really helpful. Unfortunately didn’t take the tyre care offer (you would think I would learn!), and they beat their online price when the inevitable damage did happen. Probably down to the quality and experience of the local manager, but I have been somewhat converted!

Hi , the car should have failed the MOT test.

The car should be tested in the condition it arrived at he test station.

Correct. They should failed it, change the tyres, then retest it.

That said, if they spotted the worn tyres before the car went into the MOT testing bat, than fair play.

Correct. They should failed it, change the tyres, then retest it.

That said, if they spotted the worn tyres before the car went into the MOT testing bat, than fair play.
Not sure that’s the case.

from what I understand the tester said the tyres need replacing in order to past the test.

The tester replaced the tyres.

Job done.

Technically they have inspected the items that failed when replacing them.

Last year I bought a set of Bridgestone from my local Kwik-Fit as they were offering a good discount. I took up their Tyrecare offer as, even with this, they were still well priced. Last week I noticed one of them losing pressure and returned to have it repaired. It was the O/S/R so I was confused as to why the fitter and supervisor were spending time looking at the N/S/F. The supervisor came into the waiting area and I braced myself for some sort of hard sell and, sure enough, he said there was a problem, a huge bulge in the sidewall probably from hitting a pot hole. While I steadied myself he quickly added “don’t worry, you’ve got Tyrecare”. A new, matching tyre fitted without any quibble and the puncture repaired at no cost. I was asked if I wanted Tyrecare on the new tyre, at less than a tenner and given the state of our roads the answer was yes.
Last year I bought a set of Bridgestone from my local Kwik-Fit as they were offering a good discount. I took up their Tyrecare offer as, even with this, they were still well priced. Last week I noticed one of them losing pressure and returned to have it repaired. It was the O/S/R so I was confused as to why the fitter and supervisor were spending time looking at the N/S/F. The supervisor came into the waiting area and I braced myself for some sort of hard sell and, sure enough, he said there was a problem, a huge bulge in the sidewall probably from hitting a pot hole. While I steadied myself he quickly added “don’t worry, you’ve got Tyrecare”. A new, matching tyre fitted without any quibble and the puncture repaired at no cost. I was asked if I wanted Tyrecare on the new tyre, at less than a tenner and given the state of our roads the answer was yes.
You would think I was making it up if I told you my experience of Kwik fit. After booking a service my car was damaged and the oil and filter were not changed, they denied taking my car for a drive even though it is stated on their website that a service will require a technician to drive your vehicle to find faults that might not be visible. After questioning the technician about the damage vs not taking the car for a test drive and pieces falling off randomly he replied “SO WHAT”. When dealing with this level of retardants it’s hard for me to see a positive review and not react.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom