possible C250d purchase.. thoughts on this car?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Very similar spec to ours except for the colour and 18" rims (which will also be staggered).

From the display colours shown in the ad, it looks like satnav maps are an older version (ours was in v8 until a week ago and that looked similar to the ad). Updates are free for the first three years and are tied to the car and not the owner. So you should be able to get a free update from MB as the car won't be three-years old for a while yet. Thereafter it's £99 to update.
Current map version is v13.
You can check the version via the COMAND screen standard menus. Can't remember off hand just which one, but it's not too hard to find I'll dig it out if you need help.

The ad shows the rear tonneau cover cassette is missing (pic 10). It clips in behind the rear seats.
It also looks like the driver's side AMG branded floor mat is missing (pic 7).
The rear mats seem to be there can just see a little bit of the logo in picture 6.

The 9-speed box was I think introduced in 2017, so this will almost certainly be a 7G+ which in my view is alright. Can be a bit clunky when cold first thing, but otherwise doesn't really announce itself.

They can be a bit hard on tyres (well ours is), especially rears. Worth making sure they are good. Fronts tend to wear the shoulders and quickly if under inflated.

Overall though, very pleased with ours. Pulls well, is comfortable, reasonably quiet, handles alright for a family car and averages mid 40's mpg stooging about and about 50mpg on a run.
Enjoy.

Also ask them to check if the airbag recall work has been completed.

As for map version,
Nav
-Settings
--Map Content
---Version

I have a 66 plate C250d Premium plus 4matic estate night edition and it's awesome, but may be for sale soon...... [emoji12]

Remapped to 250bhp and 550nm.... 9 speed as said above is super smooth
9108075a53771102e50f75e73afadd84.jpg

Sent from my awesome Samsung Galaxy Note 9

^^very nice indeed... I think the 4matic is >130g/km CO2 though.... so that rules it out for me unfortunately :(

I have a 66 plate C250d Premium plus 4matic estate night edition and it's awesome, but may be for sale soon...... [emoji12]

Remapped to 250bhp and 550nm.... 9 speed as said above is super smooth
9108075a53771102e50f75e73afadd84.jpg

Sent from my awesome Samsung Galaxy Note 9

That’s lovely. Very photogenic.

Back OT, I’m not much up to speed on w205 prices, but despite the nice spec, that looks a bit pricey to me.

I'm impressed with the previous models handling ( AMG Sport ) , going rwd and civililised anti ditch finding unlike a BMW 3 Series .

4 matic nessissary ? Always the weight penalty .

They did my bmw F31 335xd and were able to update the bmw digital service record. I assume they have the same ability with MB

With regards the gearbox I have a E350 S212 purchased new in 2016 it was the last of the available models.

Mine has a 9 speed box.

My previous car was an E300 Hybrid with 7 speed box both cars are very smooth but the 9 speed is a better drive overall but if the ops car has a 7 speed he will not be disappointed.

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Deal done, pick up car a week on Saturday :)
The car was lovely and in generally in great condition.
I'm very impressed with the interior feel, quality and power / gearbox. The interior is a much nicer place & has a better quality feel than the F31 335d.
Panoramic roof is super. really changes the interior and the car has the leather dash & power front seats - which is a nice touch.
A long list of things sorted... the Car has just had a B service, Maps were V8 and they will updated them to V13, Airbag recall will get done.
The missing parcel shelf & the AMG drivers mats will be sorted.
For me, a big deal was the car had 4 diferent brand tyres on each corner - (Pirelli / Goodyear / Avon / Continetal!) & that i was very unhappy about. They were not prepared to sort this.. until i spotted they were incorrect speed & load ratings (89Y and 93W) and said that unless they were correct speed & load ratings (95Y F & 97Y rear) i was walking. They are being sorted :)

Nice car, I love mine.
You got a good deal with the tyres, !
I'm sure you will enjoy it.

It looks like a nice spec and priced well too. I’m sure you’re going to be very happy with it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would check the V5 before purchase.

It is registered on a “KN”, it is Silver and has just over 12k miles.

All risk factors for ex Daily Hire Cars.

You need to check the Registered address not just the Keeper.

As MBFS register the cars under MBFS as the Keeper but the address will have something like c/o ERAC Ltd depending on if SIXT had it, or Europcar or Enterprise.

I have seen ex Hire cars registered as KY, KY, KV etc.

My ex Hire car is a KY and was not declared as ex Hire, but rather ex MB Management.

By law they have to declare anything that would alter your purchase decision, even CarGiant list all their ex Hire cars on their website, they are also cheaper than MB Dealers.

My car has had paint problems due to poor repairs, front suspension problems and gearbox problems.

^^ Interesting. Ours was registered KT and had done 8600miles before we got it and was almost mint. We were told it was an ex MB management car. V5 says Delaware Drive, Tongwell, Milton Keynes. I don't think anybody had ever sat in the back.

Last edited:
The dealer wouldn't let me see the V5, citing GDPR - as it has the registered keeper details on it - but said it was registered to an address nr Silverstone - and Merc UK HW is in Milton Keynes - which tallies with ex MB management car story.
I understand V5's now do not have previous keeper details on them as a result of GDPR, so no way of checking veracity of story, but googling indicated GDPR reasoning is valid.

MB UK HW is
Mercedes-Benz Cars UK Ltd
Delaware Drive
Tongwell
Milton Keynes
MK15 8BA

Last edited:
Also, MB-AMG Petronas F1 is just down the road at Brackley. Fairly sure (at least some of) their staff have MB Fleet supplied lease cars. 12-weeks or 8000 miles then swap for new one.

^^ Interesting. Ours was registered KT and had done 8600miles before we got it and was almost mint. We were told it was an ex MB management car. V5 says Delaware Drive, Tongwell, Milton Keynes. I don't think anybody had ever sat in the back.

That almost certainly is a proper ex management car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom