• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Slow Car on a lease, thoughts ?????

Unique as in a good way (as in few if any other cars look like it, thankfully)

But looks are subjective and if you can't say something nice, say nothing at.....err, I like the colour on it.

The Swift is supposed to be one of the better superminis though

Well still haven't had a test drive yet, booked in Saturday.

But as it turns out Orange is the new Black ......

View attachment 157376

It's the only colour that is free. Any other colour adds £35 a month or £45 to have the blingy Suzuki blue with the black roof which puts the monthlies into the next level of car.

Now I'm orange aware it's seems every other car I see is orange or orangey bronzey 😁

It is growing on me though !
I like that!!

So I didn't manage to sort out a test drive of the CVT for a couple of weeks and the day before I got a email from the lease company saying that the deal was expiring that day and the price was going up by 50 quid a month !!!! . I couldn't commit without test driving so I lost that deal.

Considering the Swift is actually the cheapest car in the country to lease (the Clio and Dacia are cheaper to buy but residuals are not as good so more expensive to lease) it was pretty good all in all. I've basically driven rwd slush box 6 pots for 20 years it was a bit of a difference ! The Swift is not quick but definitely not "underpowered" . It's dead chuckable without feeling tinny, probably not as quick as my backup spare car Clio but feels much more solid. The CVT actually seemed to make it feel faster than it was actually going !!! Not quite sure what the paddles were for though.

Managed to find a different lease deal, not quite as cheap as the original lease but cheaper than the later lease. So £250 down, £199 a month with 10k miles, it's just a no brainer. So £5000 for 2 years but going to save £830 on tax, a conservative £1500 on fuel and the 10 quid a week I'm currently spending on oil 🤪

Roll on December 👍

So I didn't manage to sort out a test drive of the CVT for a couple of weeks and the day before I got a email from the lease company saying that the deal was expiring that day and the price was going up by 50 quid a month !!!! . I couldn't commit without test driving so I lost that deal.

Considering the Swift is actually the cheapest car in the country to lease (the Clio and Dacia are cheaper to buy but residuals are not as good so more expensive to lease) it was pretty good all in all. I've basically driven rwd slush box 6 pots for 20 years it was a bit of a difference ! The Swift is not quick but definitely not "underpowered" . It's dead chuckable without feeling tinny, probably not as quick as my backup spare car Clio but feels much more solid. The CVT actually seemed to make it feel faster than it was actually going !!! Not quite sure what the paddles were for though.

Managed to find a different lease deal, not quite as cheap as the original lease but cheaper than the later lease. So £250 down, £199 a month with 10k miles, it's just a no brainer. So £5000 for 2 years but going to save £830 on tax, a conservative £1500 on fuel and the 10 quid a week I'm currently spending on oil 🤪

Roll on December 👍
Who is the lease with??

For anyone inspired by cheap lease deals,I hear killer Honda ePNY deals are back albeit not quite as killer as they were a few months ago.

4 weeks to the day, Daughter 1 turns 17. I'm giving her my old tip car Clio to learn to drive in til she passes her test. I would rather her just keep it. It's a nice little car but as it's the estate version it's quite possibly the most frumpy car on the road. She's not a overly girlie girl but has her heart set on a beetle once she's passed.

God help me 🤪

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom