Pressure washer help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Physics dictates that the length of pipe will have no impact on the pressure delivered. Anymore than having a 3m long garden hose is any different to a 30m long hose. Water doesn't really compress so the pressure at the end of the hose will be the same, no matter the length. So go for it! 

The only way you would change the pressure is if you fitted a hose with a different diameter (bore). But you won't be doing that so length has no impact.

Physics dictates that the length of pipe will have no impact on the pressure delivered. Anymore than having a 3m long garden hose is any different to a 30m long hose. Water doesn't really compress so the pressure at the end of the hose will be the same, no matter the length. So go for it! 

The only way you would change the pressure is if you fitted a hose with a different diameter (bore). But you won't be doing that so length has no impact.

There will be losses due to friction.

The one and only time I had a pressure washer used on my E55, the tool using it got too close and removed a small strip of clearcoat. Never used a carwash or a pressure washer since.

The one and only time I had a pressure washer used on my E55, the tool using it got too close and removed a small strip of clearcoat. Never used a carwash or a pressure washer since.

You must have a monster pressure washer Rog ;D

Lol..........I should have been clearer. It was a pressure washer at a carwash and the guy using it (not me) got too close to the paintwork and took off a little clearcoat.
I have a pressure washer but that is for the driveway, not the car. I just use a gardening water sprinkler lance to wash off the shampoo.

There will be losses due to friction.

Before I start I'm far from being classed as a nerd, but this is something that is calculated in part of my line of work. In this case (domestic pressure washers) the friction loss is so minimal it's not even worth mentioning but nevertheless it's still fact.

Overall head loss (friction) in a pipe is affected by a number of factors which include the viscosity of the fluid, the size of the internal pipe diameter, the internal roughness of the inner surface of the pipe, the change in elevation between the ends of the pipe and the length of the pipe along which the fluid travels.

I'm sure the OP already had his answer after the first few replies.
Go for it, you will never notice a difference unless you intended to use a hose suitable for the whole street to wash their cars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom