Pulling towards the camber

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Have a look at WIM's "Horror of the Week" section on the site forum if you are in any doubt about only letting tried and tested professionals loose on your car:eek:

http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/

Tony - so does the type of alloy/tyre combination not really affect the car set up that much? Other factors are much more significant?

Yes it does.... I get really aggravated when wheel/tyre options are offered when the car is purchased.

Different diameter/ width and off-sets require different set-ups so that the cars weight is placed correctly at the steer axis "AKA" scrub radius.

I did open a section in wim-forum "horror of the week"> http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/forum/index.php?showforum=75 you may need to register to see the images... The point of the section was to show members how bad it really is out there with some examples i've seen.

Not at all, that was a classic.... "Air chisel" didn't work, the alloy just compressed.

Good stuff these Merc rims, you know..:D

I like the bit about the gas axe heat being dissipated. Just shows how alloy wheels help cool brakes more effectively.
Aluminium conducts heat twice as fast as steel, and copper is twice as fast again...not that you'd fit copper wheels though...

Last edited:
Good stuff these Merc rims, you know..:D

I like the bit about the gas axe heat being dissipated. Just shows how alloy wheels help cool brakes more effectively.
Aluminium conducts heat twice as fast as steel, and copper is twice as fast again...not that you'd fit copper wheels though...

Learning curve, i think the thread shows a logical approach in a no win situation.

It also shows the dangers of air tools being used to tighten the studs.

Hi Wheels inmotion
Interesting read as my c class 2010 sports tourer has a major problem with pulling over to the nearside to the extent that my forearm aches when driving any distance on a motorway. The vehicle has now been into MB a number of times and every time i get the same answer "Its the way MB are, they are camber sensitive and there is nothing you can do" i only wish i had been told this before i handed over my cash.

I have looked at wheels in motion web site and see that you can cure the road camber pulling issues, how much is this and will it effect my warranty?

Hi I had the same problem with my previous BMW I took it in but they said nothing was
wrong and said the car was "camber sensitive". I just got used to it especially
with so many other issues going on!

I have the exact problem since putting new tyres on, so much so its booked into MB Chester on tuesday for the full alignment hit - the lot. If it fails to cure the issue I will be disapointed as its ruining the driving experience - I had my car from 6k (newish tyres) and I cant remember it hedge jumping so much then

I had this when I had different tyres front and rear.
Plus it became a bit twitchy at the back as well.
Long story short but took lots of changing of suspension, bushes etc. before someone spotted fronts were pilot sports and the rears were pilots sport 2s.
Was amazed at how much it effected the handling and the way it followed the camber.
As soon as they were matched front and rear it was all fine again.

You haven't had different tyres put on one axle?

There is also tyre run out that should be taken into consideration. The different coloured bands around the circumference indicate how the tyre runs, do a search.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom