• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Radio stays illuminated

Drewiow

Car
Bow 645 ci
After turning off my car tonight (2003 C200) i noticed the radio was still playing even though the key was removed, also the computer display was still on.

still played after locking the car.

After opening the car again and turning on the ignition the radio stopped playing, but then after turning off again the lights still stayed on.

When the key is in and the power turned on (or car started) the computer message says AUDIO and on the line below it says " ---- "

It also sounds like there is a wurring / clicking noise coming from the back of the stereo... a little like a telescopic arial is stuck.

I'm worried that the battery will drain tonight... any help would be much appreciated! :)

Last edited:
The clicking is probably separate and will likely be a air-con flap motor. If you get '----' on the dash then the COMAND has lost its network (CANbus) connection with the car, so can't send display info AND doesn't see ignition on/off etc.

I'd pull the fuse for the COMAND for 5 mins and plug it back in again. I think its under the bonnet, someone else can post which fuse number it is on a pre-facelift W203

Cheers
Richard

I have this as being fuse number 64 which should be a 10amp red fuse and at the opposite end to the relays (next to a beige 5amp fuse. Hope this helps

Dave

Drew, hope this helps. As Dave says... looks like number 64.

If you have problems reading them due to sizing, click on the actual images (not the highlighted headers) to view them on photobucket and use the magnifying glass icon with + in the centre to enlarge them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom