• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Rear Shocks replacement under used car warranty on 2019 E63s

Alps

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E63s s213 2019, E55 2004 Silver-SOLD, E63 w212 Weistec AMG-SOLD, E55 2004-SOLD, C36 1997-SOLD
I took my E63 to a non MB garage to get the MOT done, one advisory was that there was some slight misting on one of the rear shocks.

I had a few days left on the "Used car warranty" so took it into the local dealership and the service manager ordered both shocks in as they are replaced in pairs.

The parts took a while to come, about a month, by this time used car warranty had run out and I had extended the warranty which had kicked in, however, Extended warranty did not cover shocks but the used car warranty did. The dealership managed to claim it under the used car warranty as it was booked in to them whilst that was still in effect.

so a warning that MB Extended warranty doesn't cover everything a used car warranty does!

A low miles £100k amg needs new shocks after 5 years - scrap it slim :D

I'm surprised the Used Warranty even covered it. Most classify shocks as wear and tear items and don't cover them.

I'm surprised the Used Warranty even covered it. Most classify shocks as wear and tear items and don't cover them.
The MB Used car warranty is pretty good, even covered a replacement battery which I thought would also be classed as a consumable.

The MB Used car warranty is pretty good, even covered a replacement battery which I thought would also be classed as a consumable.
What is the rough annual cost for W213 E63s Mercedes used car warranty Alps?

What is the rough annual cost for W213 E63s Mercedes used car warranty Alps?
I don’t think there is a cost - it’s included with the purchase cost of the car.

The extended warranty might be what you’re asking about though :)

Used AMG's came with a 2 year warranty ( yep I've had the E63s 2 years already!) the Extended warranty was £1400 to renew for the year.

after this year ill probably go back to saving the money to pay for repairs as and when.

Extended warranty doesn't cover shocks. But it does cover springs and control arms which I find odd. Tbh with the amount of money I've saved having an Mb extended warranty I'm kind of annoyed I can't renew it this year

Even some of the easy jobs the cost at dealership is atleast £500, mostly a lot more.

I took my E63 to a non MB garage to get the MOT done, one advisory was that there was some slight misting on one of the rear shocks.

I had a few days left on the "Used car warranty" so took it into the local dealership and the service manager ordered both shocks in as they are replaced in pairs.

The parts took a while to come, about a month, by this time used car warranty had run out and I had extended the warranty which had kicked in, however, Extended warranty did not cover shocks but the used car warranty did. The dealership managed to claim it under the used car warranty as it was booked in to them whilst that was still in effect.

so a warning that MB Extended warranty doesn't cover everything a used car warranty does!
was that a Mercedes used car warranty as opposed to 3rd party used car warranty like motoreasy?

What's RAC warranty like?

The RAC just use London General Insurance Company Limited...... like many other organisations they just add "branded" logos to other people's policies.

was that a Mercedes used car warranty as opposed to 3rd party used car warranty like motoreasy?
yes Mercedes extended warranty

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom