rebulding my CLS350 AMG BLUE-E 2013 AFTER A WRITE OFF CRASH.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Grille might be OK, but with black wheels as well? TBH, a bit too far downmarket, imho.
Grill will be good, but black wheels, just don't like um, but it ain't my car :)
Silver wheels all the way. 👍

+1 for silver wheels ,cat s is structurally damaged is that the rear quarter and does it need to be inspected before going back on the road?

Grill will be good, but black wheels, just don't like um, but it ain't my car :)

+1, Black wheels 🤢 It was big 10 years ago but they never come out in photos, nor do they look cleaner than silver as black shows everything. That is of course just my opinion which should make no difference to the OP, to each their own and all that.

Hats off to you for the repair, it is (mostly) a nice bolt on job and saving the car is important, Cat S marker just means that you get to drive a great car for less money and you know the work you've put in to it. I look forward to seeing it finished (even if we can't see the wheels (I just couldn't leave it alone could I? :rolleyes: Sorry.))

I actually have a set of black wheels and although I'd prefer them in silver they are factory like this to they stay... for now.
1626800413863.jpeg

Back home until the body shop and actually looks very nice from this side 😅025A8C07-DEB3-422E-803D-673597D985EB.jpegC985BE1E-E7BD-43E3-98B7-36B7094BC462.jpeg

Every credit for taking on the repair yourself.

Parts and labour would have quickly added up to heavy 4 or 5 figures but tackling how you have will see that come down significantly I would expect.

I quite like the black wheels against the white.

I happened to be looking at some late 216 CLs earlier in white with black wheels and I quite like the combination.

Good luck with the repair. It will be interesting to see how you get on.

Make sure the panel gaps are all good and no one need ever know (well, looking at it from the outside at least anyway)!

Every credit for taking on the repair yourself.

Parts and labour would have quickly added up to heavy 4 or 5 figures but tackling how you have will see that come down significantly I would expect.

I quite like the black wheels against the white.

I happened to be looking at some late 216 CLs earlier in white with black wheels and I quite like the combination.

Good luck with the repair. It will be interesting to see how you get on.

Make sure the panel gaps are all good and no one need ever know (well, looking at it from the outside at least anyway)!
Thank man! It means a lot, sometimes you just need to put a little trust on yourself.
most of the work was surprisingly easy! I was surprised at how simple it is to change a door.
the hardest part was travelling 1200 miles in a rental van collecting parts for it 🤣
I’ve actually enjoyed the project despite the circumstances.
Everyone was hating on the black wheels! It had me second guessing myself and I actually regret asking for black after creating this thread. But now there on the car, theee is no denying they look great.

Meanwhile on the near side 🤣🤣🤣😳

Attachments

• D8A9EB26-EBD8-48A4-A2FD-FB28E308D841.jpeg
    D8A9EB26-EBD8-48A4-A2FD-FB28E308D841.jpeg
    240.4 KB · Views: 40
  • 588B14F8-672F-4942-8951-0F63FFE1E840.jpeg
    588B14F8-672F-4942-8951-0F63FFE1E840.jpeg
    287.9 KB · Views: 40
Thank man! It means a lot, sometimes you just need to put a little trust on yourself.
most of the work was surprisingly easy! I was surprised at how simple it is to change a door.
the hardest part was travelling 1200 miles in a rental van collecting parts for it 🤣
I’ve actually enjoyed the project despite the circumstances.
Everyone was hating on the black wheels! It had me second guessing myself and I actually regret asking for black after creating this thread. But now there on the car, theee is no denying they look great.

A lot of it is having the confidence to crack on.

I've watched Edd China do similar things (perhaps not to that extent) and it doesn't look too bad to do.

I've also seen a guy in America doing some serious repairing on a GT-R in the past - that was perhaps a lot more work but still not too bad to do.

You need an eye for perfection, a knack with DIY, the tools / knowhow, the time as well as the motivation whatever that may be. If you have all those I'm sure you will succeed.

You will always get a full spectrum of opinion on whatever you do. I've always done what I wanted to do to my cars in the past. No one's opinion is right or wrong but in the end, it's your car so it's your choice. As long as you like whatever you change, that's all that matters. If others do too, well that's a bonus.

I ran CLS wheels for a while on a 211 E55. I loved them when I saw them on a 211 estate but after the initial novelty wore-off, I started to change my mind and changed them back in the end.

The pictures of the near side are looking decent on the panel gaps at the front. That should look great once it's painted and blended.

Well done, it’s good to see this sort of work - cracking job 👍 personally, i like the black wheels 😁🤷‍♂️

Goes with the black wheels...

I’d change them to brake lines, there’s something discomforting about break lines!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom