rebulding my CLS350 AMG BLUE-E 2013 AFTER A WRITE OFF CRASH.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
2F55497F-88A4-47A0-B315-854C11EEF71C.jpeg23454DD7-9A3E-418E-9E4D-55F6185E8DDD.jpeg
Turns out the hub was also bent ever so slightly, putting my tracking out. So i set about sourcing a new one, realising they are over £300 new, and could not source a salvage one at the time. I bought one from an E class w218 salvage, it was to my understanding that they had the same suspension/hub setup.

However the spindle on the hub was shorter (the Eclass must have a smaller wheel base) so we split the spindle from my old hub! And surprisingly it fit!
Had to use my old abs sensor and install it onto replacement hub!
Mir is now straight as a die! 😊6C42B16B-EFAE-45BE-B95A-8AC645E5196C.jpeg

total cost of hub replacement £37

Cheers man! It’s been a little bit of a nightmare trying to find out what parts are bent, especially when it’s such a slight issue. Been a bit of trial and error! I’m so glad I’ve got the hub cheap, because I was really not convinced that it was the issue.
thankfully it did turn out to fix everything and I got is for an amazing price.

Awesome thread. Awesome job. Hats off to you. 👏👏👏👍
Cheers dude! To be fair I’m really glad it got written off! Such a much better repair when you do everything yourself and manage the job, along with overseeing anything you can’t do.
I honestly think if it got repaired by insurance it wouldn’t of been as good as the job done.
Plus I have a nice little file and photos for the next owner. 😆

Cheers dude! To be fair I’m really glad it got written off! Such a much better repair when you do everything yourself and manage the job, along with overseeing anything you can’t do.
I honestly think if it got repaired by insurance it wouldn’t of been as good as the job done.
Plus I have a nice little file and photos for the next owner. 😆
Top job sir, however pleased you feel with yourself for this, it's probably not enough. Another car saved is another win.

View attachment 117200View attachment 117201
Turns out the hub was also bent ever so slightly, putting my tracking out. So i set about sourcing a new one, realising they are over £300 new, and could not source a salvage one at the time. I bought one from an E class w218 salvage, it was to my understanding that they had the same suspension/hub setup.

However the spindle on the hub was shorter (the Eclass must have a smaller wheel base) so we split the spindle from my old hub! And surprisingly it fit!
Had to use my old abs sensor and install it onto replacement hub!
Mir is now straight as a die! 😊View attachment 117202

total cost of hub replacement £37
Well done sir, fantastic work

Great job there mate its something special about saving a car and doing the work yourself i done it all last year with my A4, luckily im a panel beater/painter so i saved a huge cost there but the end finish still has the same result its an awesome feeling inside you get when seeing it slowly come back to life when the majority of people would of binned it, top job mate.

Before
accident 1.JPG
accident 2.JPG

After
repaint.JPG
repaint7.JPG

Great job there mate its something special about saving a car and doing the work yourself i done it all last year with my A4, luckily im a panel beater/painter so i saved a huge cost there but the end finish still has the same result its an awesome feeling inside you get when seeing it slowly come back to life when the majority of people would of binned it, top job mate.

Before
View attachment 117466
View attachment 117467

After
View attachment 117468
View attachment 117469
Mint that mate well done 👍🏻

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom