Red CLS63 Shooting Brake

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Always assuming, of course, that it's not making any funny rattling noises. Been there, done that, paid the bill... :eek:

Not jealous at all. Ah well at least we know where it is now. Have you seen it at all yet?

No, not yet, but I'll be very surprised if it's other than 100% OK. I'm not sure enough to pay for it before I see it, but not far short of it.

So do you just operating a revolving door of estate cars (not a criticism!)?

No, but I'm always looking for something better. I prefer the CLS SB to the S212, and my 350 diesel is in my perfect colour combination, but if I could find a 63 in a colour scheme, in condition, and at a price I was content with, well, why not; it pleases me...

It's taken six months of looking, but I've found one I'm happy with. If a better one comes up, I'll sell this one and buy that. However, how many CLS 63 SBs are there in the UK in anything other than black, white or (Fifty Shades Of) grey, and how many of those will be in a colour I like, and how many of those will have a light interior? I've never seen one, and I reckon a slack handful at best...

Last edited:
No, but I'm always looking for something better. I prefer the CLS SB to the S212, and my 350 diesel is in my perfect colour combination, but if I could find a 63 in a colour scheme, in condition, and at a price I was content with, well, why not; it pleases me...

It's taken six months of looking, but I've found one I'm happy with. If a better one comes up, I'll sell this one and buy that. However, how many CLS 63 SBs are there in the UK in anything other than black, white or (Fifty Shades Of) grey, and how many of those will be in a colour I like, and how many of those will have a light interior? I've never seen one, and I reckon a slack handful at best...
I've been pondering a CLS SB but it amazes me that most of the interiors are black. I much prefer a light interior, they look so much nicer - Alpaca Grey in my S212. Tan momo leather in the Alfa. I couldn't revert to a black interior again.

The red CLS looks lovely

One question - does the CLS SB (non AMG) take a tow bar? I don't tow anything but i use a Westfalia bike rack.

I've been pondering a CLS SB but it amazes me that most of the interiors are black. I much prefer a light interior, they look so much nicer - Alpaca Grey in my S212. Tan momo leather in the Alfa. I couldn't revert to a black interior again.

The red CLS looks lovely

One question - does the CLS SB (non AMG) take a tow bar? I don't tow anything but i use a Westfalia bike rack.

Get yourself a Westfalia towbar:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The red CLS looks lovely

Yes, it does, and mine has an OE one; never been used by the look of it, too.

Get yourself a Westfalia towbar:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
That’s the same as I have on the S212. Westfalia seem to make really good bits of kit.

Picked it up today; everything I expected. Vroom Vroom...

It drives perfectly, the mileage is low, the service history is spot-on, and the icing on the cake is that it's just had new discs and pads all round. The only thing not 100% is that the aircon needs a top-up; it still blows cold, but not the immediate Arctic blast the blue one delivers. I can live with that; I have a cylinder of R134 and a charging hose if needed.

There's a stupid aftermarket sticker on the dash that says "AMG High Performance Special Edition", so that will be gone soon, but apart from that, there's nothing else.

I've thought about swapping the interiors over, but a red car with an almost-white leather interior? Sounds like a pimpmobile to me...

It will be going to Terry Gates soon to have the intercooler circuit pump changed, though; an intermittent problem with that was what did for my E63 with the same engine.

Sorry E55BOF I don't wanna hyjack your thread anymore.
(It's an AMG)

Re: Shooting Brake, it's not the standard AMG Affalterbach edition (in times New Roman) badge is it :D

Congrats!

Does it feel any heavier/different than the coupe?

I picked up my new motor today also :D
They're both Shooting Brakes. It doesn't feel any different, really, though perhaps with a touch more power...:devil: :D and a rather nicer noise :D:thumb:

How's your new one?

Re the badge, it's not the standard metal Affalterbach thing; it's stick-on flexible plasticised paper, from the same stable as this I suspect

1628891396383.png

but even cheaper-looking.

Last edited:
Missed this thread so can't see the pics.

Make sure you post some up !

Dunno what's up with red cars with light interiors, done Ferrari ok for many a decade :)

This is the same car from an earlier thread. It hasn't changed.

1628891746119.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom