Remapping the E63 at MSL

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Nice results.

I thought these remapped to 700bhp though?

They can be safely mapped beyond 700bhp Mike. Acid knew I wasn't looking for big numbers and asked if I was happy with 666bhp. If I wanted 700 he was happy to do it but I found the map had added enough for me when I tried it down the strip. Putting the power down is more the problem and a Quaife should have been done first. But I'm impatient:D

The car did go on to Imran afterwards to remove the resonator and Jules reckons it should be around 685bhp now anyway. Put it like this, its the quickest, and loudest car I've owned:banana:

666 sounds so much cooler, anyway. :)

Exactly.

"700" is a willy-waiving figure really.

Probably stage 2 (so upwards of 666) probably needs components strengthening to safely handle the power long term.

I imagine Cyclone1's CLS running at 48,000,000 BHP is probably tougher than a crap after a barium meal... which is the hardest known thing known to mankind with titanium and diamond following closely behind (albeit not at the same time as the titanium would get bent and the diamond broken).

They can be safely mapped beyond 700bhp Mike. Acid knew I wasn't looking for big numbers and asked if I was happy with 666bhp. If I wanted 700 he was happy to do it but I found the map had added enough for me when I tried it down the strip. Putting the power down is more the problem and a Quaife should have been done first. But I'm impatient:D

The car did go on to Imran afterwards to remove the resonator and Jules reckons it should be around 685bhp now anyway. Put it like this, its the quickest, and loudest car I've owned:banana:
Awesome motor, but 685 doesn't sound as cool as 666
:rolleyes:;):)

I agree. If anyone asks, its 666. I can prove that with the dyno print out;)

It's 666 at the flywheel and your printout will have power at the wheels so you can simply adjust the losses calculation slightly to suit anyway... :D

Exactly.

"700" is a willy-waiving figure really.

Probably stage 2 (so upwards of 666) probably needs components strengthening to safely handle the power long term.

I imagine Cyclone1's CLS running at 48,000,000 BHP is probably tougher than a crap after a barium meal... which is the hardest known thing known to mankind with titanium and diamond following closely behind (albeit not at the same time as the titanium would get bent and the diamond broken).

Stage 2 doesn't add much John but its quite expensive for the gains. Stage 1 can see over 700bhp and its only an extra 20odd bhp for Stage 2 which adds catless CKS turbo bypass pipes and different filters and mapping. That is an extra £1500+. The E63S with a Stage 2 is around 740bhp. The extra torque is the telling figure.

Cyclone1 has gone above and beyond with bigger turbos and careful live mapping to give huge gains. All done on OEM internals I believe and its a testament to him, Acid and John@Big Fish to have probably the most powerful CLS63 in the UK.

Unless he orrects me, I think Dave's W212 taxi was the first to run 850+bhp on OEM internals before the gearbox was upgraded to handle the torque. So they are a proven strong engine.

It's 666 at the flywheel and your printout will have power at the wheels so you can simply adjust the losses calculation slightly to suit anyway... :D

Always 18% loss John. That is the figure Acid used to calculate the 666.
But you knew that anyway having doctored your E55;)

I hope that you didn't think I was being negative, unfortunately my posting style can come across that way as I am quite blunt and don't see the point of skirting around things.

I like to live a bit on the wild side, hence owning a V10 M5 which was always going to be a source of failure lol.

I know 700bhp is a good pub figure, I'd just like to make sure I was getting the most of what I had asked for lol. I am never happy ;):wallbash:

I hope that you didn't think I was being negative, unfortunately my posting style can come across that way as I am quite blunt and don't see the point of skirting around things.

I like to live a bit on the wild side, hence owning a V10 M5 which was always going to be a source of failure lol.

I know 700bhp is a good pub figure, I'd just like to make sure I was getting the most of what I had asked for lol. I am never happy ;):wallbash:

Not at all Mike. I didn't take it that way at all although I can understand why you mentioned it.
The choice was mine. Stick at 666 or go bigger. I stuck:D

Stage 2 doesn't add much John but its quite expensive for the gains. Stage 1 can see over 700bhp and its only an extra 20odd bhp for Stage 2 which adds catless CKS turbo bypass pipes and different filters and mapping. That is an extra £1500+. The E63S with a Stage 2 is around 740bhp. The extra torque is the telling figure.

Cyclone1 has gone above and beyond with bigger turbos and careful live mapping to give huge gains. All done on OEM internals I believe and its a testament to him, Acid and John@Big Fish to have probably the most powerful CLS63 in the UK.

Unless he orrects me, I think Dave's W212 taxi was the first to run 850+bhp on OEM internals before the gearbox was upgraded to handle the torque. So they are a proven strong engine.
Decat will give you another 15-20bhp but almost 100lb/ft of torque gain.

The key to running higher boost or going for bigger turbos is to fit a methanol injection kit. At £800 all in it’s the best mod you can do on top of a remapped or turbo upgraded car. With Meth installed you can run less turbo boost for the same BHP gains. High boost = more heat = eventual power loss and potential internal engine damage “over time”.

Lots of M157’s were running 750bhp and 850+lb/ft a few years back and at the time were fine. But as time has passed then some issues have appeared including engine fails, as well as gearbox issues. Whilst the issues aren’t common it makes sense to have a more optimised map. The next game changer will be the gearbox maps that this platform has been crying out for.

Not at all Mike. I didn't take it that way at all although I can understand why you mentioned it.
The choice was mine. Stick at 666 or go bigger. I stuck:D

Good I am glad! It's your car, your wallet, you do the right thing for both :D. I am sure it is no slouch at 666bhp anyway!

Decat will give you another 15-20bhp but almost 100lb/ft of torque gain.

The key to running higher boost or going for bigger turbos is to fit a methanol injection kit. At £800 all in it’s the best mod you can do on top of a remapped or turbo upgraded car. With Meth installed you can run less turbo boost for the same BHP gains. High boost = more heat = eventual power loss and potential internal engine damage “over time”.

Lots of M157’s were running 750bhp and 850+lb/ft a few years back and at the time were fine. But as time has passed then some issues have appeared including engine fails, as well as gearbox issues. Whilst the issues aren’t common it makes sense to have a more optimised map. The next game changer will be the gearbox maps that this platform has been crying out for.

Some decent gains, though that sounds like stage 2 for the decat? I'd rather run less boost and make more power, than run a lot of boost but losing power.
Have the TCU's not been cracked yet for remaps?

666 sounds about right, that's what I was running on stage 1. I've also been told that over 700 is possible on stage 1 but was not recommended.

Had my stage 2 done and LSD fitted by MSL, now running just a little over 700 with supporting mods, tuned for usability. It's quite a bit of extra money to get there and like aforementioned, money perhaps better spent on usability rather than figures.

As for real world testing, currently getting around 3.6s on 0-60 and low-mid 11s in 1/4 mile, both with very conservative launches (talking 2s 60ft time, no Launch Control). Not bad for a RWD car that weighs as much as it does. 100-200kph around 6.7s.

I've had the MSL tune for about 30,000 miles now and it's been completely reliable on and off the track. So is it worth it? Hell yes. Plus the service is the best I've experienced, they look after you like family.

ps. shameless plug but sadly I'm looking to sell my W212 E63. PM if anyone is interested.

Time to get some '666 Devil Edition' eBay stickers Roger :D

Hi Roger - thanks for posting the link to this thread - i'm very local to you & run 2012 E63 wagon - had it two years & 20000 miles or so with no dramas & i think it's time for a remap - do you mind me asking how much MSL charge - don't want the resonator delete but would like more power as i'm getting use to the 525bhp on offer....
Thanks again
Jon

Hi Roger - thanks for posting the link to this thread - i'm very local to you & run 2012 E63 wagon - had it two years & 20000 miles or so with no dramas & i think it's time for a remap - do you mind me asking how much MSL charge - don't want the resonator delete but would like more power as i'm getting use to the 525bhp on offer....
Thanks again
Jon

PM sent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom