• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Replaced rear pads and painted calipers - questions around rear bushes and subframe

such01

SUPPORTER
Car
E350 CDI W212
So I finally got around to replacing the rear pads with some EBC redstuff, which I've been using on the fronts for the last 100k.
The front pad on boths sides were down to around 4mm but the rears were double that. The bottom the slider pins on both sides were well and truly stuck. Would this be the reason why the rear pad was less worn?
Anyway, I cleaned up the pins, regreased and fitted and the calipers had good movement front to back. Took for a quick drive and the brakes feel so much better - I really was not expecting this, as I thought they were good before.
Some pics - painted cadbury purple - the original purple was done around 7 years ago now and they were looking very dull. Maybe not to everyones taste but I like it!

1724792869242.png1724792883912.png

Whilst I was under there I took some pics of the bushes and suspension parts - can anyone advise what needs changing as it all looks a bit worse for wear under there:

1724792992118.png1724793003040.png1724793031794.png1724793060313.png1724793089923.png1724793109307.png1724793128285.png1724793146175.png

I got a pick in the rear sub frame and lots of flakey corroded metal came out - It was OK at last service.
Is there anything obvious that stands out? The car drives well with no creaks squeaks etc. Thanks

Unless you have and use the "hold" function, then they wear quicker than the fronts!
I thought my E class W211 hold function operated the fronts ?

The purple colour is a matter of taste and it's your car after all , but you really did miss a 'while yo were in there' tarting up the stone guards with a bit of black paint would have finished the job off nicely.

Next time :)

The purple colour is a matter of taste and it's your car after all , but you really did miss a 'while yo were in there' tarting up the stone guards with a bit of black paint would have finished the job off nicely.

Next time :)
I did think about that when putting the wheels back but I had been at it for 6 hrs on my knees and had had enough!

That is just light surface corrosion. If you don't have the right equipment you will struggle to replace them. They can be buggers to get out.

That is just light surface corrosion. If you don't have the right equipment you will struggle to replace them. They can be buggers to get out.
Thanks - That's not a job for me - I wonder if they would be replaced in the event of the subframe being done? Any indication on the labour hours to remove and total cost to replace?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom