Rescuing threads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Finally, after my wife got her car back on the road the other day, now I'm back!

The engineer came out today to sort out the holes for the caliper bolts.
The top one only needed a bit of recurring, as it was actually in reasonable condition, bar the first couple of threads.

The bottom one needed completely drilling out, as it was a mess in there, and then he used an insert sleeve to give the new thread.

Once done, the brake caliper was bolted back on as easily as the others had been, and I took the car for a run to start bedding in the new pads and discs, as well as give the battery a boost, as it was a but low having been idle so long.

The news pads and discs certainly have some stopping power, although harder braking seems to make a bit of a noise, 'drubbing?', from the rear, which I guess will go with use?

I'm certainly looking forward to seeing how the ceramic pads perform and whether the new, groovy front discs make any discernible difference.

Anyhow, it's nice to be back in the Merc. I might leave doing the new brake fluid until the next prolonged nice weather. I ant some time to enjoy things, just incase there are any more hitches!

^ Excellent news Chris.
Time to enjoy your car again.
Absolutely! Love my W211. I'm wondering if the noise is down to the change to ceramic pads

I am intending on get the wheels nice and clean, and potentially look at a DIY refurb.

I forgot to say, should anyone in the West Sussex area want the contact details of the chap I used, who is also used by many garages and main dealers, drop me a line and I can forward his details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom