Retrofit IWC clock & carbon console

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
^^^ What he said 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Its great seeing an actual modification thread - its like its 2005 again!

Somthing missing from cars these days :(

Its great seeing an actual modification thread - its like its 2005 again!

Somthing missing from cars these days :(
Yes true ! Should have done a “how to” with the apple CarPlay 😫 and the exhaust valve simulator

I know but if you want it done properly you add the code to the datacard accordingly.
the clock appears on the infotainment now it’s been installed. What’s a data card ???

Looks awesome. But I would say that, it’s the exact centre console I have in my car

Ok installed the centre console, I took photos but didn’t get video clips as was having tech difficulties with my camera (couldn’t find it sorry killerherts 😞)

It’s just a simple swap and with the correct connectors you can’t go wrong

View attachment 127111

First things first you have to remove this fuse box by pushing down on the tabs I highlighted in pink, the blue bit I highlighted is a empty fuse carrier and where I will be installing a fuse for the IWC clock.
After you remove the fuse box disconnect the parking sensor switch (next to the headlight switch) access is very easy with the fuse box out.

Next step is to remove the centre console.
Pull the releasing latch upwards to expose the 2 screws (highlighted in blue) that hold the centre console down.

View attachment 127112

Once you remove the 2 screws carefully lift the console upwards starting from the bottom. Then unplugging all the centre console connections. Once you unplug everything carefully take the centre console out of the car and wire in the made up loom from Braybrooks.

View attachment 127113

I started my route feeding the cable underneath the steering wheel to the centre console area. Then from steering wheel to fuse box. Once I was happy with the length on each end I undone 2 screws that hold up the plastic tray in the footwell and cable tied the loom out of the way (so when I adjust steering column it won’t catch on the cables)

Next is to wire in the red cable (from braybrooks loom) into the fuse box

View attachment 127114

You have to remove the locking mechanism by using a small flat head screwdriver to hold the lock open (highlighted in blue) then push the red cable into position (highlighted green) once the red cable is in remove the screwdriver to lock cable in.

View attachment 127115

I then used “T Tap Connectors” to tap my yellow cable into the yellow cable that goes to the parking sensor switch (which we removed earlier). After that’s done connect the parking sensor switch back up and move to the console area.

View attachment 127116

I used another T tap connector to tap my brown cable into the brown plug that feeds the panel the IWC clock sits in. I then wrapped all my connections up in tape provided by braybrooks (see below)

View attachment 127146

Next is to put everything back together. Plug in your new console, plug in the clock, all switches. After everything is plugged in place the 3 or 5A fuse in the fuse holder for the clock.

Switch on your ignition. The IWC clock should adjust to the correct time. Check that all your switches still work. Make sure the parking sensor switch still works. Turn on your headlights and make sure the clock lights up. If all good you can screw down the console and close up the fuse box panel.

View attachment 127142

Hope this helps anyone that wants to try and retrofit the clock. The biggest help to me was the T Tap Connectors as I didn’t need to solder or cut any cables. Don’t buy cheap crap ones get ones with good reviews. If anyone needs help doing this give me a shout
Have enjoyed reading your step by step write up with the pictures. Centre console looks fab.

I do like the analogue clock retrofit....wish I had done it before having my console hydrodipped :wallbash:
Would it be ok for you to post a picture of the centre console? Be nice to see what it looks like being hydrodipped.

Would it be ok for you to post a picture of the centre console? Be nice to see what it looks like being hydrodipped.

See my post below:

Can you advise further on how easy or difficult it was to disconnect all the connections from the center console once you had started to lift it up from its mounting?

I recently noticed some scratches on my console clock and am considering changing the clock unit for a 2nd hand replacement Mercedes or IWC clock

thanks in advance for any advice

Can you advise further on how easy or difficult it was to disconnect all the connections from the center console once you had started to lift it up from its mounting?

I recently noticed some scratches on my console clock and am considering changing the clock unit for a 2nd hand replacement Mercedes or IWC clock

thanks in advance for any advice
Was very easy buddy, just cover your steering wheel with a towel because you will probably at one point have the console slightly resting there.

There are a few connectors
2 for the control buttons (volume and wheel)
1 for the CD drive section
2 for the climate control section
1 for the ambient light
Iv probably forgot a couple 😅

Really would like to do this but for now cannot find any CF consoles, let alone at reasonable prices. If I do manage to find one, I might be knocking your DMs as my hands aren’t really cut out for this stuff 🤦🏻

Really would like to do this but for now cannot find any CF consoles, let alone at reasonable prices. If I do manage to find one, I might be knocking your DMs as my hands aren’t really cut out for this stuff 🤦🏻
No problem

What is the difference between the normal clock and the IWC one.

What is the difference between the normal clock and the IWC one.
Standard clock has a merc symbol on it and the IWC obviously has IWC under the 12 mark

The Merc clock as the numeric 3,6,9,12 the IWC only has numeric 12,6 with some seconds shown in red, looks more classy and sporty at the same time

On a standard Mercedes if you have the clock they have the Merc Star in the middle if you have an AMG and spec the clock you get a IWC clock they with IWC in the middle,

The Merc clock as the numeric 3,6,9,12 the IWC only has numeric 12,6 with some seconds shown in red, looks more classy and sporty at the same time
Thanks for that info, appreciate it.

Lovely job, the actual console looks much better than the original piano black one.
I think so too 👍🏽

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom