• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Reversing camera is mono

Gollom

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S204 C220CDi Sport ED125 (Mr) Kia Picanto Domino 1.1 (Mrs)
Finally got this fitted - thanks to all for your help (and patience with me!!) Quite pleased with myself now. LOL

The output on my NTG4.5 screen is mono but the camera is colour capable. Have I missed a setting somewhere? Not important, just curious

Also, no guidelines. Also a setting? Again. not important just curious

Last edited:
Reactions: Ted
Check to see if it has NTSC or PAL in the settings. I think it should be PAL 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Check to see if it has NTSC or PAL in the settings. I think it should be PAL 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
Which setting. In normal menu or engineering menu? Cheers

There are 3 or 4 video settings within the menu, have a look on my video (I cant check it right now, im on a train)

Which setting. In normal menu or engineering menu? Cheers

I don’t know but this might be set on the cam or in the head unit.
Mono display is usually the two set differently 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

There are 3 or 4 video settings within the menu, have a look on my video (I cant check it right now, im on a train)
I thought I'd followed your video. From memory, set camera to SVRC and set Night Vision. No hurry, just when you have a moment

It should be one of these:

1721314965641.png

Try through them all, I believe there are even more in 4.5

It should be one of these:

View attachment 159206

Try through them all, I believe there are even more in 4.5
Tried all of these and still mono (the camera is PAL) I also found a setting in 7.10 Input Signal Setting which is NTSC - lets me change it to PAL but makes no difference and is back to NTSC when I look again. Using this listing

Any ideas? Not mission critical, just bugs me! LOL

I know it sounds obvious, but double check all the connections. - even if they appear to be in correctly, disconnect and reconnect.

Got me stumped then 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Me again! SWMBO has pointed out that the little LED lights surrounding the actual camera are on permanently when the ignition is on. Surely that is not normal - I would have thought that they would just come on when I select reverse?

Me again! SWMBO has pointed out that the little LED lights surrounding the actual camera are on permanently when the ignition is on. Surely that is not normal - I would have thought that they would just come on when I select reverse?
Try switching off night vision. Night vision on cameras uses Infra Red light and the image is in grey scale. The red lights tally with that because they are likely the IR lights.

Try switching off night vision. Night vision on cameras uses Infra Red light and the image is in grey scale. The red lights tally with that because they are likely the IR lights.
The little LED's are white. Thought I had turned off Night Vision, but will take another look. Cheers

I assume that the 12v feed to the camera is fixed, I.e. the camera is always on? Shifting into reverse bring us the image on the infotainment screen, but I don't think that it also turn the canera on. If I am correct then this can explain why the LED is always on. Having said that, the activity LED on cameras can usually be set to On of Off via software.

I assume that the 12v feed to the camera is fixed, I.e. the camera is always on? Shifting into reverse bring us the image on the infotainment screen, but I don't think that it also turn the canera on.
Yes - piggyback (7.5a fuse, will be 5a by tomorrow - had run out of 5a at the time) on Fuse 71 in the rear fuse box. I get the image on NTG4.5 OK, but mono (can live with that)

I think @Bobby Dazzler may have hit the nail on the head.
If you can see bright white leds they will be for general illumination.
Infra red leds can’t always be seen but where they can, they are a dull deep red. You can usually check them with the camera on your phone, where they will appear to be white.
The mono/lack of colour could also be due to ‘night mode’

Night Vision says "not installed" Sigh

Teach me to try and DIY!! LOL

Reactions: Ted

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom