Ripped OFF!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Vlad said:
E-bay.....buying unseen......:crazy:

Sometimes works as others have said, I'm quite happy with my £720 W124 but I was lucky, its the 3rd car I have bought on ebay this year and all have been damn good.

Sorry to hear that you have been having problems with yours, I guess it shows that you should trust your gut feeling about these things. You might as well chance claiming through ebay, you have nothing to loose.

EBAY Description said:
It has manual transmission,so you get to drive it properly instead of everything being done for you!

To mercs enthusiasts the above would have immediately told me that the guy was not to be trusted. He knew manuals are the hardest to sell.

I still think you could have done worst but you may want to check to see if the wiper motor has been replaced. That is a common fault and expensive to repair.

the list of faults don't seem unreasonable for an 11 year old car.

I don't know if its too late, but I wouldn't worry about the diff seals. Do a search on here and you will get a resounding "they all do that, sir" type reply.

My old E Class had the same issue - MB wanted something like £300 to sort it, 3 hours labour to replace 2 seals that cost around a tenner. Just keep an eye on the diff oil (through regular servicing) and this should not concern you.

Other than that, I wish you well. You've learn a harsh lesson, and I am guessing you saw the 3 pointed star, thought "Its a Merc, there can't be much wrong", and have since found to your cost that there is.

All the best,
Greg

GregE240 said:
Other than that, I wish you well. You've learn a harsh lesson,

As i like to say....Experience is what you get......when you dont get what you want. :)

BilalSheikh said:
Thanks a lot guys you are all superstars. You picked me up. I am really pissed off as when they put it on the ramp today to give me a final look the indie was in the car he had the handbreak on and had the car in first gear and was letting go of clutch. I saw with my own eyes the rear tyres bending inwards. That means that the rear arms are gone as well. To top it up the car kept on cutting up on me on the way to the garage. I dont know what i have done to deserve it.
The estimate was £1250 to sort those problems out. Which still leaves the thrust bearing and with view of Whitley motors they said its not thrust bearings as they make noise when you put your foot on the clutch not when you take it off.
I must say that the car is wonderful and and spot less but i have had blow after blow. I had saved for my marriage and that has just been spent on it. I have asked the workshop to sort the diff seals and the propshaft coupling out for now that will set me back another £400.

Guys i couldnt get the HPI report as the car itself is on private plate and that option was not available. It is an Elegance by the way atleast thats what i think it is by the side panels. I think Mr. RobinGal(Robin Galoway) deserves more than a negative feedback and i deserve some charity :( I didnt know about the taiwan ebay i will give it a go but wont know how to confine my experience in such small space. :confused:

Just sell it at a loss and move on. It's quite futile to pay for all this work to be done. This car is only suitable for someone who is a mechanic and can do the work themselves. You bought a car like this purely on price and went against your better judgement.

Get rid of the car and come back and join us with a happy story. It will be cheaper in the end.

How do you know it wasnt a parts mule ? They put all junk parts on it after taking what they needed ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom