Rotating Wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jimmy

MB Enthusiast
Car
Discovery 3 TDV6, Discovery 300TDi - Plaything!
I want to rotate my wheels so that I get even tyre wear all round so that I can replace all four at once.

What is the best way to rotate them? diagonally, front to back or side to side? I am thinking diagonally would be best so that you get a front and back swap and the wheel will be running in the opposite direction.

Any thoughts/experiences?

I had mine moved from front to back on the same side, but my tyres are directional, so couldn't do the diagonal one.

I got staggered rims so all I can do is swap front left rights around, rears are directional and they are wider :(

Originally posted by Koolvin
I got staggered rims so all I can do is swap front left rights around, rears are directional and they are wider :(

mine are all directional so I can't rotate them at all, 'cept in the direction of travel ;)

Originally posted by jimmy
I want to rotate my wheels so that I get even tyre wear all round so that I can replace all four at once.

What is the best way to rotate them? diagonally, front to back or side to side? I am thinking diagonally would be best so that you get a front and back swap and the wheel will be running in the opposite direction.

Any thoughts/experiences?

MB recommend front to back on mine.:cool:

On other than MB I would swop diagonally.:)

We swap back to front on our ML,

Cant swap any on the V12

Have no wheels on my 190 at the mo ;)

we only swap front to back,at work.
that is if the tyres are the same size front to back.
most mercs noadays have directional tyres on them,and like you say some wheel designs are like this too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom