• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

rotting fuses and self destruct loom

coupe deville

Car
93 E320 coupe sportline facelift
have read a lot of posts about self destructing wiring looms and rotting fuses that look sound but aren't on the 124 models. mine is one of the first facelifts registered late 93 and the loom and fuses are ok. can anybody tell me when mercedes introduced these dodgy looms and fuses and what models they were fitted to

Last edited:
Have you checked the loom in it's entireity or just the bits that you can see ;)

Its it possible it has had a new loom before you bought it ?

Originally, your car would have had one of the 'dodgy' looms

Figures vary according to sources and MB-- the only authoritative source, are saying nothing! But any 93-95/96 car looms should be checked. W124 W202 are the ones you hear about but the bigger models are also effected especially the V8s with high under bonnet temperatures.

When I replaced mine, (1995 E300D), I found a sticker on the new loom close to the connection block in the compartment with the brake master cylinder and duovalve - the date of manufacture of the new loom was printed on it. This might be a very quick way to see if a new engine loom has been fitted if such a sticker id fitted to the petrol engine looms.

When I replaced mine, (1995 E300D), I found a sticker on the new loom close to the connection block in the compartment with the brake master cylinder and duovalve - the date of manufacture of the new loom was printed on it. This might be a very quick way to see if a new engine loom has been fitted if such a sticker id fitted to the petrol engine looms.

My new loom doesn't have one

Have you checked the loom in it's entireity or just the bits that you can see ;)

Its it possible it has had a new loom before you bought it ?

Ive just checked whats visible, can't see a label or part number anywhere on it. Havent got any issues with it so it might have been done. Car has main dealer history up to 100,000 miles april 2003 when it would have been nearly 10 years old. would the local dealer Derwents in Wakefield look it up on the service records which might be still on computer or would he tell me to get my muddy boots off his nice and shiney clean floor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom