• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Russia diary 1

bpsorrel

MB Enthusiast
Car
'21 C300 Coupe, '20 SLC Final Edition, Peugeot 208 (hers!) and a new Ford Kuga in Russia
Ok, it's a week now and I've only one thing to report.........

IT'S HOT HOT HOT!!!!!

In fact the hottest it's been in over 300 years apperently!!!

Today I'm sweltering in 40C, in an area which is normally no more than a nice balmy 26 or so!!! They say it's set to go even higher, before finally breaking around mid August!!! This is hell, I can tell you! Luckily, the car has air-con and the poor thing is working sooooo hard to keep us cool!! :D

Last time I experienced anything like this heat was when touring the middle east in aband in the 90s!!! And at least the hotels we mostly stayed at had aircon!

No car sightings worthy of mention excet the multitiude of GLKs and MLs going around.

OK, back to the car to cool down for a while!

Hope you all are having a good, cool summer! :D

Needless to say Barry its pi55ing it down here in Scotland.

Still, the E320cdi makes me grin and I am off around Europe to drive it in 2 and half weeks. :D Oh and I have a new GF so not all bad!!!

Needless to say Barry its pi55ing it down here in Scotland.

Still, the E320cdi makes me grin and I am off around Europe to drive it in 2 and half weeks. :D Oh and I have a new GF so not all bad!!!

Not another one :doh: You seem to go though GF's quicker than Maff goes though cars :D:devil:

Maybe he got this one from the Flying Handbag? :devil:

Ok, it's a week now and I've only one thing to report.........

IT'S HOT HOT HOT!!!!!

In fact the hottest it's been in over 300 years apperently!!!

Today I'm sweltering in 40C, in an area which is normally no more than a nice balmy 26 or so!!! They say it's set to go even higher, before finally breaking around mid August!!! This is hell, I can tell you! Luckily, the car has air-con and the poor thing is working sooooo hard to keep us cool!! :D

Last time I experienced anything like this heat was when touring the middle east in aband in the 90s!!! And at least the hotels we mostly stayed at had aircon!

No car sightings worthy of mention excet the multitiude of GLKs and MLs going around.

OK, back to the car to cool down for a while!

Hope you all are having a good, cool summer! :D

Luck you, its overcast here.
Enjoy yourself. :thumb:
A new one Steve? Did we trade in the old gf at the same time as the E220? :p:D;)

Last edited:
Not another one :doh: You seem to go though GF's quicker than Maff goes though cars :D:devil:

They just turn out bad and are not nice to me

Maybe he got this one from the Flying Handbag? :devil:

And you know of this haunt too....

Luck you, its overcast here.
Enjoy yourself. :thumb:
A new one Steve? Did we trade in the old gf at the same times as the E220? :p:D;)

More or less. She was in a sulk with me for over a month re the new motor and just was being rude and selfish and putting no effort in. Last few months it wasn't working out.

The new GF is lovely and a much nicer person who is also better looking too :D

Few years ago I went to Moscow in June. Spoke to people Friday pm and was told it was very hot. Packed accordingly

Arrived Monday am. It was snowing.....

Go figure.

They just turn out bad and are not nice to me

And you know of this haunt too....

More or less. She was in a sulk with me for over a month re the new motor and just was being rude and selfish and putting no effort in. Last few months it wasn't working out.

The new GF is lovely and a much nicer person who is also better looking too :D

New picture of car and Girl please:D

Wait... Pictures of the new gf or of Russia?

By any chance she wouldn't happen to be a hot Russian lady? (Too easy!)

The car is in the album, hopefully if things work out with her you can all see her for yourselves at a GTG.
Ooooo a blatant plug for your next gathering of the Clan's ;)

The car is in the album, hopefully if things work out with her you can all see her for yourselves at a GTG.

Get it sorted out and I'll bring Carol to the next one

My FSB spies also tell me it is very hot in Moscw and at the dacha this year.
Might I ask which town / oblast you are are in?
I travel to Russia every year and at present I am about to invest in an in-car camera and HDPVR setup powered directly from the C230K's 12v system. Around £250 + installation. So hopefully I will be able to record my progress across europe and russia. In normal mode you can apparently cram around 13.5 hours onto one 32gb card.
I am also thinking of getting another camera mounted on the passenger side linked to the reversing camera input on my kenwood motorised dvd screen head unit to aid overtaking.
Regards
Les

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom