• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Russia winter diary :)

bpsorrel

MB Enthusiast
Car
'21 C300 Coupe, '20 SLC Final Edition, Peugeot 208 (hers!) and a new Ford Kuga in Russia
Well, a few days into a surprisingly mild Vladimir winter holiday!
Should go down to minus 20 later, we'll see.

Sad to see Russian driving standards haven't improved since the summer :D
Ah well... Maybe it's nature's way of culling the driving population here! :D

Seen quite a few new shape MLs. Don't look great in UK (IMO) but look very nice here. Most so far have been white...

But the noticeable gain in popularity here is the Renault (Dacia) Duster and Sandero! Everywhere! The new Lada (better) replacement I guess.

And, for all you folk thinking whether to buy an X5 or not, based on the experience of one of our friends here, don't!

He's had his new X5 almost a year now and has had so many things repaired/replaced on it he feels it's a different car now! :D

Clearly Russian roads and BMWs don't mix! In total contrast, my FIL's Toyota (US model) has had zero problems and does higher mileage... makes you think doesn't it :)

Ok, off to the town to do....shopping! LOL!

Take care all! :)

Do the MLs cope with Russia better than the X5's.

The X5 is a popular police vehicle up here in Strathclyde and as such, I believe it must be a reasonably solid car. Certainly they go very very well....

For some reason X5 suspension doesn't seem to cope very well, whereas MLs, Land Cruisers, Infinitis, Patrols etc do.

Gangsters in the know are ditching the X5! :D

For some reason X5 suspension doesn't seem to cope very well, whereas MLs, Land Cruisers, Infinitis, Patrols etc do.

Gangsters in the know are ditching the X5! :D

Let me guess, they are buying E class estates in black, lots of toys with Brabus tuning boxes ;)

Good for their waste disposal businesses

:D:D:D

S Class is still the Gangsta car of choice here. And, the few guys who know I have a CLS do give me respect. Benz rules here ya know! :D

:D:D:D

S Class is still the Gangsta car of choice here. And, the few guys who know I have a CLS do give me respect. Benz rules here ya know! :D
I bet the CLS SB will be popular over there.

My enthusiasm for them is getting stronger and stronger. I know I will have one. I will have a CLS SB, I will do whatever it takes to get one. :bannana::bannana::bannana:

I agree. It is a nice car and ideal for carting off those folk you just shot! :D

Do the MLs cope with Russia better than the X5's.

The X5 is a popular police vehicle up here in Strathclyde and as such, I believe it must be a reasonably solid car. Certainly they go very very well....

If you get chased by an X5, keep going. It'll break down before you run out of fuel....

If you get chased by an X5, keep going. It'll break down before you run out of fuel....
I had two of the older ones, both petrols and ran one for 25k miles and the other for about 6k miles (it used too much fuel and 7mpg accross town got tiresome)

Never broke down. The newer ones are they worse?

I had two of the older ones, both petrols and ran one for 25k miles and the other for about 6k miles (it used too much fuel and 7mpg accross town got tiresome)

Never broke down. The newer ones are they worse?

The ones I see have all broken down :) 100% unreliability.. Stupid stupid place to put a battery as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom