Rust proofing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tombo5609

Car
mercedes e270
I recently had a service on my 2003 E270CDI and it was reported that there was extensive rust showing on the underbody.
Before I find myself sitting on the floor can any member recomend a rust treatment service in the Warrington -Chester area .
I have read conflicting reports regarding the benefits of Waxoyl versus other products, does any member have experience of a treatment that will keep rust at bay. it is otherwise a lovely car and I have just spent a small fortune on getting it right.

Suggest that you contact MB Tech at Warrington for advice.

Regards

Hi JP, that is where I had the service done that reported the rust. They mentioned a company that does waxoyl treatment but I have heard that waxoyl is prone to drying out and cracking allowing water to get behind the treatment.
Did hear of another product but cannot remember what it was.

I really must find the time to waxoyl the 124 and the 202 and the 210 and the 208 :eek:

I got my '84 R107 waxoyled at Rustmaster near Knutsford (contact is Nick Gresty). Not cheap but did a good job as far as I could see.

However I currently have the car in for some TLC at Hilton & Moss Bishops Stortford and was gently told off by Parry Chana (according to this website an expert on the R107) that Waxoyl is not a good agent to use as it remains sticky over time, collects mud and therefore can encourage rust. Parry is very keen on the use of MB approved materials but I am not sure what that is in this case. I pick the car up on Tuesday and will ask him ....

The drawbacks of Waxoyl have been mentioned before.
I have heard that Dinitron is a superior product but of course it is all down to individual preference!!!.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom