S class w222 / E class W213 (‘16 onwards)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
G
It’s a 220d Bluetec

… I’m quite sure she, like her older friend in the following pic, is a keeper, I am absolutely flattered by the generous compliment though - thanks.
It’s the best looking 213 I’ve seen. We’ve got an old friend like yours too.

I wanted to show the difference in the interior light to the cabin at eye level when the pano blind is back compared to closed, as it feels very different particularly as a passenger, (look at the back of the front passenger headrest and compare both of the pictures).

6A158DF8-B64A-42B9-A6FF-B4426C49A75C.jpegB58AB7DE-0FA3-4700-8FC2-F2256E2BF178.jpeg

And at night the interior throughout is really transformed, in large part thanks to the ambient lighting:

Attachments

• ECBEB05D-76F8-4236-B11E-BCE093FF054D.jpeg
    ECBEB05D-76F8-4236-B11E-BCE093FF054D.jpeg
    845.7 KB · Views: 14
E0EAC75F-6423-4F65-B70D-E699F7A30839.jpeg
The marriage of the 220d Bluetec & 9G tronic gearbox is impressing so far. Although, the ‘start/ stop’ is IMO not the smartest on the planet as it is bit annoying when switching (even quickly) between Drive and Reverse it decides to stop and start between the change (making it look a bit like you’ve somehow stalled an automatic, then after finishing parking up and putting it into P it decides to keep idling! Cannot fault the smoothness of the gear changes though, honestly cannot tell what gear it is in unless looking at the screen. As for fuel economy we had done some research here so had an idea of what to expect, and with respect to the size, weight and automatic gearbox it’s remarkably good, circa 60mpg on an average ‘real world’ run should be easily achievable, if not bettered.

I am also not a fan of the stop/start system, feels very rough when it starts again, I have configured the individual mode in the dynamic settings, to switch off the stop/start, so when I get in the car, I switch it to individual mode, and the stop/start stays off continuously, it will remain in that mode for 4 hours, regardless of you switching the engine off. After 4 hours it will revert to the default comfort mode, switch it back to individual, and 4 hour process starts again.

And at night the interior throughout is really transformed, in large part thanks to the ambient lighting:

Yeah, I'm a bit of a tart for some interior lighting. You get lots of choice with the age of your car but mine only has 7 although the purple does look great.

Yeah, I'm a bit of a tart for some interior lighting. You get lots of choice with the age of your car but mine only has 7 although the purple does look great.
The choice is quite vast, 7 would be just fine too really.

Purple is also my go to.

Now will someone please buy a SWB S350d and let me know how good it is :cool:
It's very good :) The SWB made the difference in some of the twisty narrow streets in Italy and Belgium. It's very quick and smooth, within the first month of its life it went on the autobahn and I took it to the max (240kph) and it felt it could go a fair bit faster. The car is *very* quiet as I'd ordered the noise-reduction and infra-red reflecting glass option as my wife wanted the car to be very peaceful. I'd forgotten how quiet it is as I've hardly driven it over the past 2 years, when I got a full electric EQS car from the main dealer when serviced and it was a little noisier than mine (the tyre noise was louder).

Attachments

• IMG_20170529_163714.jpg
    IMG_20170529_163714.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
  • photo_20170520_111259.jpg
    photo_20170520_111259.jpg
    332.3 KB · Views: 11
  • photo_20170523_113146 (2).jpg
    photo_20170523_113146 (2).jpg
    398.1 KB · Views: 11
It's very good :) The SWB made the difference in some of the twisty narrow streets in Italy and Belgium. It's very quick and smooth, within the first month of its life it went on the autobahn and I took it to the max (240kph) and it felt it could go a fair bit faster. The car is *very* quiet as I'd ordered the noise-reduction and infra-red reflecting glass option as my wife wanted the car to be very peaceful. I'd forgotten how quiet it is as I've hardly driven it over the past 2 years, when I got a full electric EQS car from the main dealer when serviced and it was a little noisier than mine (the tyre noise was louder).
Fantastic pics buddy , can’t wait to get back to my European road trips

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom