S212 E500 - The Brown One

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Oh I like that! I think it looks beautiful

My dream S65AMG W221 would be in this brown with white leather... I doubt I'll ever find one though

Thanks, yeah it's a great combo. A W221 S65 in the l that colour would really be something.

Always nice to see something a bit different.
Brown not necessarily a natural first choice colour, (unless you happen to be UPS), but Mikey likey! :cool:

Cheers. I never thought, I could always do delivery jobs on the side if I'm ever stuck for anything to do!

Very nice. I was abroad in 2019 so missed out on buying it. This year, my "requirements" have moved on to something physically smaller. Otherwise I would have definitely taken it - and had it detailed in the way that you have. I just love premium cars in "slightly different" premium colours. AM

Your car's previous owner replaced the 18 inch Avantgarde wheels with AMG wheels from the S221 or C216.

Here's what Doreen had on your E500 when it was sold via David Stockton in 2019. Personally, I prefer them but "each to their own."

View attachment 117811

Ah so that's which car the wheels are from. I knew I'd seen them before but couldn't place them. I would prefer the standard wheels over these, but I may go for something else when I change them, but still something OEM Mercedes. I quite fancy some wheels with more "face" to them (less spokey) but I don't want to go any bigger than 18in, and I've yet to find anything I like that's not a 19 or a 20. I dunno, I might go back to the Advantgarde wheels if I could find a set l.

And thank for the pic and info, I remember the advert at the time and I've seen the various snippets of chatter on previous threads about the car. Looking at it there, I do prefer those wheels to what's on it now...

And apologies for multi posting but I can't for the life of me figure out the multi quote feature!

I took the centre console apart today to fix the sliding sections. On day 1 of owning the car, I managed to separate the large cover piece from it's frame. It also didn't move properly and I was seemingly missing the rear section altogether.

fYA2WV2.jpg

There's a guide on YouTube on how to remove the tray section and repair the sliding mechanism. It was a bit fiddly but not too bad. Once it was all out, I found the rear section had been jammed into the dash and it's guides had come off altogether.

With some time and care, and some cable adjustment, I ended up with this. Both front and rear cover pieces reattached to the frames, and the rear slider mechanistic refitted. It now slides very well, and hopefully with more use it will continue to free off and slide perfectly

5Q3JalE.jpg

I like Doreen's alloys on this. Very handsome indeed.

How come you didn't opt for a ceramic coating for a durable finish... or is the wax a sooper dooper one?

@Shifter that is a cracking colour and looks mega in the sunshine. Nice motor and you are right about the wheels. They just don't look "right" (not that my opinion matters at all by the way!). I'm sure you'll find something that suits.

UPS Rapid Response Vehicle 😃
View attachment 117837

😆😆😆

Excellent! I'm saving that to phone, might make it my forum avatar, ha ha!

As for the wax, yes it's some relatively fancy stuff but I can't remember what it is.... I might have it ceramic coated at some point but if I do it'll be at a different place, there's a detailer in Lincoln called Deep Shine who's first rate, he looks after my MX5.

Forgot to add this.

The standard COMAND interface looks very old fashioned, and I'm a big fan of using Waze for getting about. Plus I like the Android Auto in my MX5, so I'd like really fancied having it properly integrated into in the E500 rather than constantly using my phone to navigate and listen to music.

What I didn't want was a huge aftermarket screen stuck on the dash, as seems to be popular now. I'm sure that those who have done that particular upgrade are super happy with it, but I wanted to retain the OEM look.

So I opted for a unit from a UK company called Integrated Automotive, from Leicester. These guys are seemingly the only UK-based outfit who actually manufacture their own aftermarket Car Play and Android Auto units from scratch. I know there are loads of Chinese units from various sources, but I really liked the idea of UK based back up, ease of communication, and an installer recommended by Integrated Automotive themselves (Ilkley Car Audio) who could deal with any issues. It's more expensive (this unit was £615 fitted) but to me, it was worth it.

And it's brilliant.

Seamless integration, wireless Android Auto that fires up from the off, all original buttons function as they should. And you can flick back to the standard COMAND interface with a prod of a button. Perfect. And it actually has more features and functions than the OEM Android Auto unit in my MX5. I would highly recommend it if anyone is thinking of doing the same.

PgHVNBv.jpg

Cem6Ccj.jpg

ES3Dr0H.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgot to add this.

The standard COMAND interface looks very old fashioned, and I'm a big fan of using Waze for getting about. Plus I like the Android Auto in my MX5, so I'd like really fancied having it properly integrated into in the E500 rather than constantly using my phone to navigate and listen to music.

What I didn't want was a huge aftermarket screen stuck on the dash, as seems to be popular now. I'm sure that those who have done that particular upgrade are super happy with it, but I wanted to retain the OEM look.

So I opted for a unit from a UK company called Integrated Automotive, from Leicester. These guys are seemingly the only UK-based outfit who actually manufacture their own aftermarket Car Play and Android Auto units from scratch. I know there are loads of Chinese units from various sources, but I really liked the idea of UK based back up, ease of communication, and an installer recommended by Integrated Automotive themselves (Ilkley Car Audio) who could deal with any issues. It's more expensive (this unit was £615 fitted) but to me, it was worth it.

And it's brilliant.

Seamless integration, wireless Android Auto that fires up from the off, all original buttons function as they should. And you can flick back to the standard COMAND interface with a prod of a button. Perfect. And it actually has more features and functions than the OEM Android Auto unit in my MX5. I would highly recommend it if anyone is thinking of doing the same.

uBzVeu5.jpg

fml8luv.jpg

PgHVNBv.jpg

Cem6Ccj.jpg

ES3Dr0H.jpg
That looks super, and not a bad price either!

Forgot to add this.

And it's brilliant.

uBzVeu5.jpg

fml8luv.jpg

PgHVNBv.jpg

Cem6Ccj.jpg

ES3Dr0H.jpg
Mmmm, I like that. 😎

Forgot to add this.

And it's brilliant.

uBzVeu5.jpg

fml8luv.jpg

PgHVNBv.jpg

Cem6Ccj.jpg

ES3Dr0H.jpg
I'd love that. It's irritating that my wife's Fiat 500 has proper Android Auto integration and my Merc's stuck in the dark ages.

£615 fitted seems brilliant. Great share, thank you.

That'll be valuable to anyone with an slightly older car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom