• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Safely squashed Xsara Picasso!

Gollom

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S204 C220CDi Sport ED125 (Mr) Kia Picanto Domino 1.1 (Mrs)
Just saw an accident on the slip road off M602. It was apparant that a Picasso MPV thingy had been sandwiched between a lorry (rear) and Ford estate (front)

The rear was totally obliterated and the front was probably one-third of it's original size - :eek: - yet the cabin was intact and the suited driver was standing next to the wreckage, merrily sharing a joke with the lorry driver. Cars are soooooo safe now.

Just saw an accident on the slip road off M602. It was apparant that a Picasso MPV thingy had been sandwiched between a lorry (rear) and Ford estate (front)

The rear was totally obliterated and the front was probably one-third of it's original size - :eek: - yet the cabin was intact and the suited driver was standing next to the wreckage, merrily sharing a joke with the lorry driver. Cars are soooooo safe now.

pleased to hear they are save......

and also that the picasso held up so well - i have one!!!

I saw a 2CV that had been hit by a truck near Fleet, the only recognisable bit was a rear wing and part of the fabric roof. We moan about their complexity and maintenance, but modern designs definitely have their advantages.

You'll often hear people say they're amazed at the damage a modern car sustains in a crash but, of course, they're designed to do that to absorb the impact.

yes i keep on toying of getting an old Mk1 Mini (60s model) - i had 1986 one as my 1st car and always thought about restoring an old one....

but i am not sure how safe i would feel driving it tbh nowadays....

pleased to hear they are save......

and also that the picasso held up so well - i have one!!!

me too !! nice to know the kids are [relatively] safe in a worst case scenario.....although we are now doing most family travelling in the touareg.

me too !! nice to know the kids are [relatively] safe in a worst case scenario.....although we are now doing most family travelling in the touareg.

yes, we go in the 7 Series whenever possible. Picasso is only really used by wife on the way to work. Long trips are in the 7 series because mainly its a safer car to travel in. Plus its also nicer to drive etc etc, but unfortunatly uses about 3 times as much fuel lol

Yep, modern cars are nice and safe, its a pity that many drivers use that extra safety as an excuse to continue driving like an idiot. :(

The safest car is one being driven by a safe driver. I try in vain to get my friends to take advanced lessons, they'd rather spend thousands on airbags and thicker A-pillars, than £100 on lessons to avoid the crash in the first place.....

<snip> than £100 on lessons to avoid the crash in the first place.....

i see what u are saying, but it doesnt matter how good a driver you are, there will always be that idiot who drives at you and hits u before u even get the chance to do anything.....

Thats quite a rare occurance though. The vast majority of accidents are completely avoidable.

'All of a sudden' isn't in an advanced driver's vocabulary, the main exception being people driving on the wrong side of the road.

I saw a 2CV that had been hit by a truck near Fleet, the only recognisable bit was a rear wing and part of the fabric roof. We moan about their complexity and maintenance, but modern designs definitely have their advantages.

Unfortunately , a 2CV doesn't have any business being on the road with any other traffic

Yup, and that one certainly wasn't going to be ever again.

Yep, modern cars are nice and safe, its a pity that many drivers use that extra safety as an excuse to continue driving like an idiot. :(

The safest car is one being driven by a safe driver. I try in vain to get my friends to take advanced lessons, they'd rather spend thousands on airbags and thicker A-pillars, than £100 on lessons to avoid the crash in the first place.....
The best safety device the manufacturers could fit would be a sharpened steel spike mounted firmly in the centre of the steering wheel, it would greatly improve the concentration and safety standards of the driver:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom