• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Sale Of Car To A Trader

developer

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Volvo V90 D5 AWD
A trader wants to buy Dad's car from off the drive (it's no longer used as his eyes are failing).

He has asked us to fill in the yellow trader part of the log book so that it doesn't show any more owners - Dad was the first.

Is that ok/legal etc.

Much easier to do it online. It has section for selling to trade. Just put "inform DVLA of change of owner" into google and up will pop the website

As stated, just do it online HERE.

You keep the yellow section and the dealer takes the rest of the V5 away. You will need the name and address of the dealer but the service is only available Monday to Saturday, 8am to 6pm for some reason.

Just done my Jeep this week so it's fresh in my mind at the moment. :)

You're probably already going to do this, but just in case - when I've sold a car at home, I've always made out a receipt, two copies with names and address of both parties, make, model and reg of car. Both parties sign plus date it, and keep one copy each.

Maybe a bit OTT, but I've always wanted to have a record of the transaction, in addition to the v5.

cheers, Steve

You're probably already going to do this, but just in case - when I've sold a car at home, I've always made out a receipt, two copies with names and address of both parties, make, model and reg of car. Both parties sign plus date it, and keep one copy each.

Maybe a bit OTT, but I've always wanted to have a record of the transaction, in addition to the v5.

cheers, Steve

That's not OTT.

I've asked him to leave a kidney until the confirmation letter arrives from DVLA - now that's OTT :thumb:.

Yes, as the others have stated

I sold my C class a few days ago - the dealer gave me the yellow slip, rubber stamped and signed the yellow bit - I completed the new on-line (as still in BETA mode) gov DVLA forum - you get confrmation via email and should get the rmaining car tax back as well - if no contact within 4 weeks they ask you to chase them. I think it closeds at 6 or 8pm but open 6 days a week on line

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom