• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

SatNav Live Update Expiring

mpc

Car
2018 S205 C250 AMG LINE PREMIUM D AUTO
Hi,

My satnav live updates is due to expire shortly and I see that I have the option to pay for the 'navigation package' thru the Mercedes me app at a cost of £125 for 12 months or £299 for 36 months!
My car is a 2019 plate C Class S205 fitted with Audio 20 CD (522). I currently have the Garmin MAP PILOT 2021/2022 version 17.0 (map 17.0) sd card installed in my car.
I have the chance to purchase the V19.0 (map 19.0) sd card for £50 minus the live updates. Is there much difference between the maps does anyone know between V17.0 & V19.0?

I think that buying the latest Garmin Map Pilot software and maps on SD-Card (with real-time traffic) and replacing it with a new SD-Card whenever a newer version is released, is a better proposition than subscribing to OTA updates.

I think that buying the latest Garmin Map Pilot software and maps on SD-Card (with real-time traffic) and replacing it with a new SD-Card whenever a newer version is released, is a better proposition than subscribing to OTA updates.
sorry, I'm not sure what you mean here?

sorry, I'm not sure what you mean here?

If you buy a new Garmin Map Pilot on SD-Card, you get the latest navigation software and maps. At this point, what benefit will the Mercedes Me "navigation package" give you?

If you buy a new Garmin Map Pilot on SD-Card, you get the latest navigation software and maps. At this point, what benefit will the Mercedes Me "navigation package" give you?
Where do I buy a new legit Garmin man pilot SD card with live traffic updates?
I presumed the 'navigation package' was just the latest way from Mercedes to receive this?

Where do I buy a new legit Garmin man pilot SD card with live traffic updates?
I presumed the 'navigation package' was just the latest way from Mercedes to receive this?

You should be able to buy it from Mercedes Dealers. You need to specify that you want the 'update' SD-Card, costing ~£100, and not the 'first time' SD-Card costing ~£500.

You can also buy it online, but I won't be able to say if these websites sell genuine or pirated SD-Cards.

You should be able to buy it from Mercedes Dealers. You need to specify that you want the 'update' SD-Card, costing ~£100, and not the 'first time' SD-Card costing ~£500.

You can also buy it online, but I won't be able to say if these websites sell genuine or pirated SD-Cards.
and If I purchase an update sd card from Mercedes will I still receive the live traffic updates, as I stated above mine is due to expire shortly

and If I purchase an update sd card from Mercedes will I still receive the live traffic updates, as I stated above mine is due to expire shortly

As far as I know, when you purchase a legit card, you get Live Traffic with it.

I’ve had the same email, my subscription to live traffic updates expires next month. £299 for 3 years for something that other manufacturers give for free is a bit too much. Free via my phone with Google maps will do for me.

Do you have or can you have CarPlay or Auto added to your current system?

If you can then that would probably be the better use of your money (and help with resale if done properly)

Ask Comand On Line

Do you have or can you have CarPlay or Auto added to your current system?

If you can then that would probably be the better use of your money (and help with resale if done properly)

Ask Comand On Line

This ^ , i gave up the BMW Connected drive as the money they were wanting is ridiculous for something that Google maps via Carplay / AA does just as well.

Had Carplay installed and use G maps / Waze / Spotify via the smartphone.

K

I paid £20 for audio 20 sat nav 2022/2023 update. The live traffic is a separate service available via the Mb store. Waze or Google maps are equally good if not better.Screenshot_20240429-103212.png

As far as I know, when you purchase a legit card, you get Live Traffic with it.
No, I contacted MB today, the update sd card is £150 but if you want the live traffic package you have to pay for this separately via the 'Mercedes me' app!

When my package ran out on my W213 with Audio 20 I decided to get Carplay / android auto enabled. I used MB Tech in Warrington who got MB in Germany to add it to my car's spec. list. MB Tech then updated my car to enable it. Cost £180 and carplay is much better than the standard system

I renewed my package this year, I like the live traffic and the integration into my MBUX system.

Although I have Apple CarPlay and find at times Waze useful I still like the way Live Traffic integrates along with the Augmented Reality.

Robin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom