SEC interior

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mduddn

Car
Mercedes 500SEC
So while i'm waiting for the new springs and shocks on my SEC i've been thinking about the interior. The seats are over 20 years old and although in excellent condition the driver seats have some minor scuffs on the door side with a very small tear. Also there is creaking in the driver chair. So I was thinking of fixing these issues.....does anyone know any trusted firms doing interior work in the west london area! Does it sound like I need to re-upholster??

Depends on the creaking. Wheres it coming from? Mine was creaky when i got it but it was just the plastic trim around the seatbelt receptacle.
On my other car i've had some success re-dying the bolster section with dye from Gliptone. And have filled a couple smallish holes and dyed those too. Looked passable, might be worth a try. You can send off a headrest or something else smallish and they match the colour for you.
My SEC has a gaping hole in the bolster. I'd be interested to find out what the cost of fixing that would be. Not cheap I imagine..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom