Securing hubcaps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

baloopa

Car
200T
Someone kindly removed the hubcaps from my '82 200T the other night. I've found some replacements, but since I'm having to ship them from the US I am trying to work out some way of making sure that they don't disappear in the same way. Obviously I'm still going to have to be able to take them off if the wheel needs replacing, possibly by the side of the road. Any suggestions?

As above, cable ties/tie wraps usually do the trick, but sometimes unnecessarily so: -

photo0080hy.jpg

And you can get coloured (ie silver) cable ties from ebay. Pair of snips to be kept in the car as well!

cable ties is the best but make sure you use more than one tie (on different spokes/holes) -if your driving and hub cap pops off it will flap around like mad.

Thanks for the suggestions. I worried that cable ties would be too easy for a thief to snip, but I found some stainless steel ties that even an ordinary wire cutter can't get through (I bought a high grade cutter which now lives in the boot). They blend very nicely with the chrome of the hub caps as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom