Self imposed 24hr driving ban

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wemorgan

MB Enthusiast
Car
A205 C220d
This afternoon my driving was shocking. Wrong lane, misreading other cars intention. The final straw was when I considered to overtake a woman hesitating at a cross-road, I got half way, back out and stalled the car. I still had other errands to run, but went home instead admitting that my usual IAM, ROSPA, A1++ driving standards were not happening. Then lit a fire and made a cup of tea to relax. Odd how it can all go so wrong some days.

I agree a nice shiraz usually brings a return of the skills not the same day though, happens to us all at some point

My mitigating circumstance was that I had just shopped at Aldi (yes I am a pleb) but a £5 free range chicken is too good to refuse.

My mitigating circumstance was that I had just shopped at Aldi (yes I am a pleb) but a £5 free range chicken is too good to refuse.

Was it still flapping around in the car, hence you were distracted?

yes that's it - I was too busy reading the plucking instructions to focus on the driving

If you had the latest Benz it would have been flashing the "ol teacup" at you big time as Attention Assist would have gone into "WTF mode"

Real men dont read plucking instructions.

On days like this my buddy would have said. "You're bio-rhythms are out mate, take a chill pill"

So it was YOU then!!

Apologies for the rude gestures from mrs Ted.

Real men dont read plucking instructions.

On days like this my buddy would have said. "You're bio-rhythms are out mate, take a chill pill"

Google 'Brazilian for Chicken'.

My driving was abysmal too yesterday. Hooked it out of bounds off the par 5 7th then twice found the lake at the 9th.:doh:

I too wasn't having a great time with driving yesterday. I stopped at a red light and all of a sudden it came over me and I opened the door and vommited.
Turned around and went home straight away.
No dodgy aldi chickens were involved though!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MBClub UK

We all have our off-days .

Some never have good days .

This afternoon my driving was shocking.... Odd how it can all go so wrong some days.

The key thing is that you were aware that you made a mistake or misjudgement. Being diligent, this disconcerted you and perhaps preyed on your mind, subconsciously leading to another lapse. Everyone makes mistakes and has off-days, be glad that you actually notice, acknowledge and react to yours- there's many a person out there doing far worse, far more often- and who is probably oblivious to it!

At least you realised that you were having a bad day and took the correct action. Some drivers are oblivious to the mistakes they make on a daily basis and are not always aware of the devastation they leave in their wake.

Edit: Oh dear, I did not read the previous posting which says more eloquently what I have just written!

Last edited:
I bet the Muntjac wished you'd stayed off driving for 48 hours.:doh:

It's been a clumsy few days for sure. For good measure I also lightly burnt my hand on Sunday picking up a hot cup from the microwave. I should have stayed in bed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom