Service B5 or A5?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

markjay

MB Master
SUPPORTER
Car
2022 Hyundai IONIQ 5 RWD / 2016 Suzuki Vitara AWD
This is what the instrument cluster was showing 5 days ago:

Attachments

• 240.jpg
    240.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 86
...and this is what it is showing today:

Attachments

• 235.jpg
    235.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 76
Any idea why it is displaying indecisive behavior...? :confused:

My E55 did exactly the same thing albeit went from a shorter service to a longer one (D to F I think) but no one else touched the car in that time.

Why? Don't know.

I can only speculate and I presumed that something else had reached "interval" during the time the indicator was displaying and the car changed as a result.

It had the appropriate service when it reached that time.

My E55 did exactly the same thing albeit went from a shorter service to a longer one (D to F I think) but no one else touched the car in that time.

Why? Don't know.

I can only speculate and I presumed that something else had reached "interval" during the time the indicator was displaying and the car changed as a result.

It had the appropriate service when it reached that time.

The car so far has 4 services (A-B-A-B) so the next service should be A.

ESS is showing Service B, but that's because ESS is not car-specific - i.e. the car had 4 services in 3 years (2 services in the first year for some reason) so ESS is correctly thinking that it had only 3 and the next service is 4 hence a B service.

But this does not explain why the car went from B to A in 5 days... odd.

If anyone is interested.... this seems to be the Additional Items service schedule for my car (2013 W204 C180 GCI 1.6L Turbo, Automatic, no pano roof):

For every service (Equipment specific)
Maintenance scopes for driving aids ex factory

Service 3 - at every service
Engine: change oil and filter

Service 4 - Every 2 years
Replace brake fluid

Service 8 - Every 46,500 miles/4 years
Replace air filter element

Service 11 - Every 143,000 miles/15 years
Replace fuel filter

Service 12 - Every 45,000 miles/4 years
Replace spark plugs

Service 13 - Every 150,000 miles/15 year
Replace coolant

Service 20 - Every 78,000 miles/5 years
Automatic transmission: Carry out oil and filter change (with transmission 722.9 - NAG2-FE+)

Minor amendments:

For every service (Equipment specific)
Maintenance scopes for driving aids ex factory

Service 3 - at every service
Engine: change oil and filter

Service 4 - Every 2 years
Replace brake fluid

Service 8 - Every 46,500 miles/4 years
Replace air filter element

Service 11 - Every 155,000 miles/15 years
Replace fuel filter

Service 12 - Every 45,000 miles/4 years
Replace spark plugs

Service 13 - Every 155,000 miles/15 year
Replace coolant

Service 20 - Every 78,000 miles/5 years
Automatic transmission: Carry out oil and filter change (with transmission 722.9 - NAG2-FE+)[/QUOTE]

Actually it's not the same issue I had.

My fundamental service did not change - it just gave it a larger letter meaning more things needed doing.

Most odd!

My C220 is in for a service at the moment at my local Merc indy. It displays an A5 service is due.

The mechanic has just phoned to explain. Basically it's due an A service plus 5 extra items. All in the service has risen from £189 (standard A service) to roughy £480+ which is still cheaper than the main Merc dealership that wanted £650+.

Hope this helps.

Do you have a list of the 5 extra items?

My car is showing A5, but the only extra items I can see are needed are brake fluid change, air filter change, and spark plugs change.

Ok here's a breakdown of what I got done on my 63 plate C220 with exactly 40k on the clock.

----
(All minus VAT)
A service - £157.50
Inc.
Oil filter
Oil
Screen wash
Wash & Vac

Extra (the 5 in A5)
Air filter - £49.96
Fuel filter - £104.95
Brake fluid - £49.17

MOT - £45
(Advisory - replace rear brakes & discs) - £224.25

All in £747.99 (inc VAT)

Said it would have cost about £900+ at the main dealer with the brake pads.

Should quite a few of the checks at 1 year be carried out every year?
E.g. The check of battery, tyres, washer system etc

Good idea tho'

The display also shows you need a coffee break in both instances :D
Well spotted, however the coffee cup icon only indicates that Alert Assist is active. If it decides that a break is needed, it will produce a loud audio alert accompanied by a text alert on the dash. Alert Assist can be disabled from the instrument cluster menu, and the coffee cup icon will then disappear.

Reactions: BMF
Well spotted, however the coffee cup icon only indicates that Alert Assist is active. If it decides that a break is needed, it will produce a loud audio alert accompanied by a text alert on the dash. Alert Assist can be disabled from the instrument cluster menu, and the coffee cup icon will then disappear.
My W205 has alert assist too, If it is on by default setting would I get the same message or is it a setting you have to have on in the binnacle display for prompts to be active? I've not had any prompts thus far.

My W205 has alert assist too, If it is on by default setting would I get the same message or is it a setting you have to have on in the binnacle display for prompts to be active? I've not had any prompts thus far.

On my W204, If you have the cup symbol on the dash, then Attention Assist is activated. it can be activated or deactivated from the instrument cluster menu.

Said that, in the two years that I've had the car, I only ever saw the alert come-up once, while driving on the M20 at 4am. I wasn't particularly tired or driving erratically (I was on the way to Folkestone to cross over to France, and rested well before the start of the journey). So in spite of the marketing material claiming that it can actually detect when the driver is tired, I am inclined to believe that it was prompted mainly by a combination of the time-of-day (4am) and amount of driving (2h non stop).

But in general it is very rare to see this alert.

See also:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: BMF
While we’re off topic: It pinged 4-5 times on my last night drive from London to Cardiff. Scared the crap out of me (I wasn’t tired)

If it’s night time, the roads are empty and you haven’t indicated for a while, it starts to panic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom