Service plan on almost year old E400D

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I understood what you said and was disputing your point 1. I got the discount for service plane and also have an offer for a discounted warranty plan (-30% iirc).
I must call them to enquire about discounted warranty.

I understood what you said and was disputing your point 1.
I just used the Service Care Selection Tool and it still gives different prices for the same plan if you select age of car less than 12 months or more than 12 months. For the SL, the quote for 3 services over three years is £1,404 if you select car age less than 12 months, and £1,620 if you select car age over 12 months.
I got the discount for service plane and also have an offer for a discounted warranty plan (-30% iirc).
Good result 👍

No, I hadn't. Useful to know, thanks.
Sorry, I’m not saying there is a discount on monthly payments, I was asking if that was the case.

I suspect that the need to pay up front puts some people off taking advantage of the discount.

I’m sure someone with the same model will remember the monthly cost and from that you can calculate the up front discounted price. Which model and year are you thinking of?
On this occasion I was looking at 2019 B-class; I suppose my point was 'have they changed the discount code or is now automatically applied across both upfront and monthly costs'.

When fiddling with various options on the online service booking trying to see the itemised costs my local dealer came up with £168 for a brake fluid change on a B-Class, which seemed to have increased significantly since I last looked!

Sorry, I’m not saying there is a discount on monthly payments, I was asking if that was the case.
Ahh... sorry, misinterpreted your post. Isn't the English language wonderful?

No, I'm not aware of discount being offered on the monthly payment option.
I suspect that the need to pay up front puts some people off taking advantage of the discount.
And that tends to reinforce my view that MBUK are looking to enhance their cash position by taking in up-front payments rather than them being altruistic ;)

Ahh... sorry, misinterpreted your post. Isn't the English language wonderful?

No, I'm not aware of discount being offered on the monthly payment option.

And that tends to reinforce my view that MBUK are looking to enhance their cash position by taking in up-front payments rather than them being altruistic ;)
I think you’re spot on.

On this occasion I was looking at 2019 B-class; I suppose my point was 'have they changed the discount code or is now automatically applied across both upfront and monthly costs'.

When fiddling with various options on the online service booking trying to see the itemised costs my local dealer came up with £168 for a brake fluid change on a B-Class, which seemed to have increased significantly since I last looked!
Oh my goodness, that is expensive. I just had a brake fluid change on my car, I’ll look at the receipt later but I have a feeling it was around £70 plus VAT. It’s not so long ago (maybe 2010 ish) that I used to pay £35 including VAT.

....................rather than them being altruistic ;)
As long as we gain their motives do not matter 😉 😀 .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom