Shell Energy will not allow me a purchase a battery car !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
After all Shell produce petrol not electric,, so its like supporting the other side .
Like many of the oil producers Shell are now investing heavily in the EV infrastructure. I believe they are promoting the revamp of some of their petrol stations into EV recharging stations.
Internal combustion engines will be with us for many years yet but the writing is on the walls and they (Shell etc..) don't want to be left behind. TBH they have the financial strength and geographic positioning to be at the forefront of the switch?

Yep 'oil companies' are working hard to transition into 'energy companies'. Shell has been at it for a good few years now:

Hi , I was only trying to stop people falling into a potential trap regarding home charging of battery cars.

Hi , I was only trying to stop people falling into a potential trap regarding home charging of battery cars.
But you haven't elaborated on what that potential trap might be?

Hi , I wish my mum could have taken taken me to your toy shop , she died a couple of years ago.
I'm sorry to hear that...

So what's the story re Shell Energy's refusal?

More details please.
Hi , that you for your reply.

I am a gadget man who loves all things new.My apartment is full of money saving toys that are more convenient than money saving.

A tried a couple of years ago to have a smart meter installed but when the installation company appeared to install the smart meter I was informed that my mobile phone signal was inadequate.

The installer was courteous and he also inspected both the electric meter space , space was not large enough to take smart meter !

Gas supply was also checked and Box was not suitable for the extra equipment regarded.

As a shareholder in Shell I keep getting unwanted sales blurb and electric cars electricity was on the menu yesterday.

Shell insist was if you have a supply agreement with them you have to have a smart meter installed under the terms and conditions.

I telephoned Shell informing them that smart meters don't work in my property but I am considering a battery car.

Precis reply from Shell

Better keep you petrol car then!

If it helps one person wasting time it worth the abuse I receive.

I am a gadget man who loves all things new.My apartment is full of money saving toys that are more convenient than money saving.

A tried a couple of years ago to have a smart meter installed but when the installation company appeared to install the smart meter I was informed that my mobile phone signal was inadequate.

The installer was courteous and he also inspected both the electric meter space , space was not large enough to take smart meter !

Gas supply was also checked and Box was not suitable for the extra equipment regarded.

As a shareholder in Shell I keep getting unwanted sales blurb and electric cars electricity was on the menu yesterday.

Shell insist was if you have a supply agreement with them you have to have a smart meter installed under the terms and conditions.

I telephoned Shell informing them that smart meters don't work in my property but I am considering a battery car.

Precis reply from Shell

Now, that wasn't so difficult, was it?

Maybe they won’t lend him the money?
or he could buy one but not charge it due to the lamp post is too far away ?
Sounds daft as it’s like saying British Gas say I can’t have a 10kw shower.
Hi , i it's the other way around , my share value in Shell has collapsed !

Precis reply from Shell

That sounds more like your fault than theirs to me.

That sounds more like your fault than theirs to me.

Actually, it's Ofgem's fault....:

'Energy suppliers are required to take all reasonable steps to rollout smart meters to all of their domestic and small business customers by the end of December 2021. ... Each year the annual targets are re-set based on the proportion of a supplier's customer base without a smart or advanced meter.'

They are putting pressure on energy providers to install smart meters.

Actually, it's Ofgem's fault....:

'Energy suppliers are required to take all reasonable steps to rollout smart meters to all of their domestic and small business customers by the end of December 2021. ... Each year the annual targets are re-set based on the proportion of a supplier's customer base without a smart or advanced meter.'

They are putting pressure on energy providers to install smart meters.
I’m not convinced that poor mobile signal and small meter cupboard space is Shell’s fault.

I’m not convinced that poor mobile signal and small meter cupboard space is Shell’s fault.

Agreed, but I am assuming that Shell's policy of not fitting EV chargers to premises that do not have smart meters, is simply part of how they are working to meet the targets that Ofgem set for them.

Hi , if I don't have a phone signal , I lie , if I hang out of my bedroom window the phone has one bar showing so please could you explain to me how to obtain a useable signal.I

would love to know.

My current electric meter is surrounded by a wooden frame , not enough space to fit current range of smart meters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom