Shell Energy will not allow me a purchase a battery car !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You have internet connectivity, you could use VoIP.
Okay not a solution to your battery car request but would stop you having to hang out the bedroom window to make a call

You have internet connectivity, you could use VoIP.
Okay not a solution to your battery car request but would stop you having to hang out the bedroom window to make a call
Hi , thank you for the info.

My internet connectivity is excellent but don't I have to have a new phone.

All to do with DECC NETWORK COVERAGE- down to location /property or local reception conditions
Predicting smart meter Home Area Network (HAN) coverage in Great Britain (GB).
This case study describes how Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC) worked with Ordnance Survey (OS) as part of its Smart Meter 868MHz HAN trial to predict the number of premises at which a 868MHz HAN solution would work.
Through this OS supplied a tabular, spatially-derived dataset of GB properties DECC was able to filter to estimate HAN coverage statistics – significantly reducing time, resources and technological requirements.

Last edited:
You can use whatsapp, facetime, etc to make telephone calls using your internet.

If BT then you can use BT wifi calling.

All possible with your existing mobile handset

Agreed, but I am assuming that Shell's policy of not fitting EV chargers to premises that do not have smart meters, is simply part of how they are working to meet the targets that Ofgem set for them.
I’ve no idea either.

I do find this poster’s threads mildly annoying though, usually some kind of click bait title followed by a drip feed of the detail and ending with a flat
Hi , if I don't have a phone signal , I lie , if I hang out of my bedroom window the phone has one bar showing so please could you explain to me how to obtain a useable signal.I

would love to know.

My current electric meter is surrounded by a wooden frame , not enough space to fit current range of smart meters.
how is it Shell’s fault that you don’t have a good signal and a pokey cupboard?

So Shell Energy won't install an EV charger unless the electricity meter is converted to a smart meter, but the OP's premises don't meet the criteria required for smart meter installation.

The practical options are:

Change energy supplier to one that is willing to install an EV charger even though there's no smart meter on premises (if such an energy provider can be found)

Or

Install an EV charger privately i.e. at your own cost.

Shell aren't stopping him from buying an EV ... presumably you can still charge (slowly) from a standard domestic 13A supply, which might be good enough for overnight charging (or at least, topping up). It depends on the particular car (battery size) and the OP's usage e.g. if he is commuting a relatively short distance and fast charging there during the day then it could work fine. Or as markjay said install a charging point privately.

You don't need a smart meter to charge a "battery" car.
It sounds like your post title should have been "I am not able to have a smart meter fitted for multiple reasons".

You can get boosters for your mobile phone (ridiculous that they are needed in this day and age), we have them…

I read that as fossil fuel boilers are phased out, smart meters don’t work with the alternative tech 🤷‍♂️

You can get boosters for your mobile phone (ridiculous that they are needed in this day and age), we have them…

I read that as fossil fuel boilers are phased out, smart meters don’t work with the alternative tech 🤷‍♂️
Hi , I bet you that the government will drop the idea of heat pump central heating systems.

Hi , well I can now have a smart meter installed so a tried to order on from Shell Energy.

Went through the process only to be told by the computer that I could not have one installed !

I then looked at FAQ only to read the industry is having to reliably issues with Smart Meters ( must be some reliable SM out their )

Lucky escape

Hi , well I can now have a smart meter installed so a tried to order on from Shell Energy.

Went through the process only to be told by the computer that I could not have one installed !

I then looked at FAQ only to read the industry is having to reliably issues with Smart Meters ( must be some reliable SM out their )

Lucky escape
So what impact does all this have on your wife telling you you have to get an EV not an AMG (as I think you said on another post)? Hope this is a big green light for an AMG V8 for you 😁

So what impact does all this have on your wife telling you you have to get an EV not an AMG (as I think you said on another post)? Hope this is a big green light for an AMG V8 for you 😁

Hi , you are correct but my wife has gone of the idea of an electric car but I did look at the idea of an AMG and was put off my members on here for what I want to use the car for / long distance cruising.

My C207/E400 is great for 600 miles in one go / coffee breaks / refueling / age related issues.

I have recently found out that if I open the Pano Roof and drop the rear windows nearly as good a drop top !

Hi , you are correct but my wife has gone of the idea of an electric car but I did look at the idea of an AMG and was put off my members on here for what I want to use the car for / long distance cruising.

My C207/E400 is great for 600 miles in one go / coffee breaks / refueling / age related issues.

I have recently found out that if I open the Pano Roof and drop the rear windows nearly as good a drop top !
Topman. 👍

Nice car the E400, good choice to stick in my opinion 👍

I love my pano roof too 😁

Most AMGs are great for refueling as well; they need a lot of it...

What about your tyres, you never did tell us the age of them in a previous post ?

Hi , home charging of battery cars.

Please make sure that your supply is adequate!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom