• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

should this alarm be going off?

paul_jw

ok, some of you may have seen my benz 'barn find' thread. im in the process of gettong a w124 200e back on the road. i got it running, but when i did an alarm went off.

a red solid light on the dash accompanied it and never went off. there was no picture on it, just a red square light under the rev counter.

the alarm is through the horn, and not a separate buzzer and it wasnt cancelled by starting the car or turning the ignition. unhelpfully the last owner doesnt ever remember it having one.

ive had to disconnect the horn while this is happening but now i know that it wont pass a test. can anyone give me any tips on finding how to disable it?

its an older car (86/D), and with it being a benz i presume that it might be quite a good version but age wise it would be antiquated.
can anyone point me in a general direction? should this car have a factory fitted alarm?

If it helps there were no factory fitted alarms back then.

The alarm fitted would have been linked to the battery/ignition and when the car was started after a battery disonnect it would go off. Is there a key for it to reset it, if not you have a problem.:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom