SL R129 1996 soft top / roll bar

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davrum

Car
mercedes e320cdi, 96 sl280, E350 cdi
Ideas please anyone, having turned ignition off in middle of putting hood down, I initially had lights flashing on roll bar switch and hood switch, having made sure everything was closed down and locked I now just have the roll bar switch flashing.
Press hood switch windows go down and clicks behind seats.
Press roll; bar switch the Hydraulics pump relay clicks but no pump, have also tested relay and - ok
have tested pump independently and it works.
Have checked to see if power coming through wires to the pump and no there isnt any power coming through the wires
I believe I have checked the fuses
Have just put meter across the pump power terminals before the relay and there appears to be a small current.
No Leaks, reservoir is full
Have done usual, disconnected battery, cleared error codes, window reset.
.Would very much appreciate any thoughts anyone might have, thanks in anticipation

How did you clear the fault codes? Disconnecting the battery won't do this.

I had two spurious window sensor errors logged due to low voltage when the engine only just started (knackered battery). This disabled the hood and rollbar - I tried pulling individual fuses first and then disconnecting the battery, but the codes had to be cleared on a STAR system in the end. The car was then fine (new battery fitted shortly after, and I got a maintenance charger to make sure it was always kept topped up).

Ideas please anyone, having turned ignition off in middle of putting hood down, I initially had lights flashing on roll bar switch and hood switch, having made sure everything was closed down and locked I now just have the roll bar switch flashing.
Press hood switch windows go down and clicks behind seats.
Press roll; bar switch the Hydraulics pump relay clicks but no pump, have also tested relay and - ok
have tested pump independently and it works.
Have checked to see if power coming through wires to the pump and no there isnt any power coming through the wires
I believe I have checked the fuses
Have just put meter across the pump power terminals before the relay and there appears to be a small current.
No Leaks, reservoir is full
Have done usual, disconnected battery, cleared error codes, window reset.
.Would very much appreciate any thoughts anyone might have, thanks in anticipation
Hi I have a similar problem, (see my thread) so am really interested to know how you get on, if I find a solution to mine Ill update you Davrum
Regards Neil

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom