• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

SL55 centre console ash tray doesn't look fitted right

Preston-m3

Car
SL55 AMG. BLACK.
Hi, weird one, so bought the SL55 today, one of the things that I want to get sorted on it is the centre console being hydro dipped but at the same time I want to get the ash tray sorted, there seems to be a bigger gap around door flap on the ash tray than there should be, it almost like the either the ask tray unit is too low or the centre console is too high but it looks fine everywhere so suspect it's the ash tray unit. Has anyone seen this before and what do you suggest? Help?
Thanks

Ash tray

Will do but car is at my pals garage having a health check and new battery.

The ashtray mechanism/cover is fixed to the main cover. Its pretty easy to remove it if you are handy and have a Torx TX20 driver. If you look at mercupgrades.com I wrote a document on it once

But do compare it to another car before you bother.

If its broken, I have a spare used trim (for pre 04 facelift, it the pitted aluminium) and a spare new one ! (but no point in dipping them, better start with wooden ones for that as they are smooth)

Cheers

Richard

R230 ash tray

Ok, will stick a photo on of the current situation tonight or tomorrow to gauge opinions as to whether it doesn't look right.
Thanks for the pointers etc that's very kind!

Ash tray not fitted right?

Hi, I have put on a photo of how the ash tray is sitting, it definitely doesn't look right to me. What could be the issue and what is needed to fix it?
Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers
View attachment 56749

image.jpg

Looks like the ashtray mechanism isn't screwed to the centre console properly. Hopefully nothing is broken

As I said before, your CC isn't the ideal thing to dip and its not smooth

Richard

Ash tray

Looks like the ashtray mechanism isn't screwed to the centre console properly. Hopefully nothing is broken

As I said before, your CC isn't the ideal thing to dip and its not smooth

Richard

Ok how can I check this and what am I looking for? I'm not technical!:dk:

Ok how can I check this and what am I looking for? I'm not technical!:dk:

Take it to somewhere that knows. It a £100k car and the parts didn't get any cheaper. If you break stuff you get a big bill..... Centre console trim about £1000

R

I'm in East Lancs and have an SL in the garage plus a spare trim. If you want to run over this way at some point I can take a look at it for you as I know how these fit together and come apart.

Ash tray

I'm in East Lancs and have an SL in the garage plus a spare trim. If you want to run over this way at some point I can take a look at it for you as I know how these fit together and come apart.

Great, that would be a good help. Much appreciated! Could you pm me your mobile number and we can arrange?
Thanks a lot!
Mark

Great, that would be a good help. Much appreciated! Could you pm me your mobile number and we can arrange?
Thanks a lot!
Mark

Hi Mark,

I can't use PMs yet as need 30 posts I think. Email me on

c h r i s AT s y s e x c e l DOT c o m

I will be around most of this week, but not tomorrow.

Ashtrdy

Hi Chris, I've emailed you hopefully it gets to you. Thanks again.
Mark

I remember when you wanted one so you could trim your in CF:

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/clas...nted-r230-sl-centre-console-2005-onwards.html

And in post#28 there are some nice pic of said SL:

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/general-discussion/202335-i-really-wish-2.html#post2222050

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom