slk-boot condensation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks,thats what I wanted to hear.

As stated earlier the SLKs have a MAJOR control unit PSE in the boot.
Any moisure in it can create havoc. Same with other Benz models that have it under rear seat too.

Open boot. remove spare tyre cover, remove spare wheel if fitted (or storage box).
Check NO water under tyre. Rubber drain at rear of floor void.

Remove jack and its polystyrene box. Behind that towards the wheel is a foam box around the PSE unit. Slip it out and feel for any dampness around foam.

Later SLKs have PSE with cables underneath, circuit board on top, earlier have cables (pipes) on top and circuit board underneath. These ones are the worst offenders.

Bazzle

Having same issue with my r171 2008. Damp boot wheel well cover and condensation under bootlid. Dried it out, found damp under spare wheel. Looked today after several days and its been raining, spare wheel is slighty damp. Cant see water getting in from top, should i say no signs, can it be the cold and heat from exhaust?

Having same issue with my r171 2008. Damp boot wheel well cover and condensation under bootlid. Dried it out, found damp under spare wheel. Looked today after several days and its been raining, spare wheel is slighty damp. Cant see water getting in from top, should i say no signs, can it be the cold and heat from exhaust?

Do you realise you have posted in a thread where the last entry was nearly 14 years ago?
Possibly better to start a new thread?

Do you realise you have posted in a thread where the last entry was nearly 14 years ago?
Possibly better to start a new thread?

Yep, didnt want to do yet another thread, but, i will do

Reported (both of them)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom