SLS AMG Gullwing £110k

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hence, 1 day old SLS with more than delivery miles (dlv miles still considered a new car by law) will be sold @ buy price + margin and no big VAT to pay for the next buyer.

In theory, yes, except that the margin will grow to extent that the price to the second hand buyer will not be far off the retail price (including VAT) of a new SLS. In fact, with cars that are in high demand (as the Range Rover Evoque will be), second hand examples will often change hands at prices in excess of the new cost, despite VAT playing no part in the transaction.

To look at VAT in the transaction of buying an SLS is nonsensical.

Like Janner says, how are you going to try and justify it to HMRC that you are claiming the VAT back on a £160k supercar? "I can just about get my socket set in the boot"
hire companies ,supercar clubs, leasing companies, car dealers can claim vat back on these cars.

hire companies ,supercar clubs, leasing companies, car dealers can claim vat back on these cars.

Sorry, I slightly mis-read the scenario; I thought that this car was 'pre-owned' thus meaning the VAT had already been sucked up by someone.

I'm pretty sure that the VAT can only be claimed so many times, 3 if I remember correct.

Eventually HMRC get their bite of the cherry.....

Sorry, I slightly mis-read the scenario; I thought that this car was 'pre-owned' thus meaning the VAT had already been sucked up by someone.

I'm pretty sure that the VAT can only be claimed so many times, 3 if I remember correct.

Eventually HMRC get their bite of the cherry.....
i was letting you know what kind of companies can claim the vat back on these kind of cars.

i was letting you know what kind of companies can claim the vat back on these kind of cars.

Yes, I understood your post, I'm just referring to an earlier answer....

A bit of a mix up I think.

still has'nt sold he has had that for sale for a few weeks it was up at 138k at first and has been for sale at £110k for nearly a week and looks like he has just recently refreshed the ad.
it would be intresting to see what the trade is bidding on these cars at the moment.
the crazy thing is that some of the mb dealers still think that they are going to get strong money for there sls which have been registered for nearly a year now.
i think the £100k sls is only round the corner.
have you noticed that most big lumpy cars seem to be sitting around for ages now especially e63 amg's.
how you doing anyway the don?
what car you going for next?

Hi amgmaster im very well thank you,how are you ?

I offered £100k for the sls and got the following reply -

"I have bids comfortably in excess of £110k so the answer to your question is no but thank you for your interest"

Regards,
Sunil

Unfortunately not - but those are the numbers I am hearing. Whether thats 90k or 99k I don't know...I've just heard sub £100k.

Nobody sells these cars without a substantial margin hence why they are where they are price wise.

B & O sound system £4200, wow but what about the RFL at £950 for first reg. Lovely car but me thinks it's a money Hoover

Hi amgmaster im very well thank you,how are you ?

I offered £100k for the sls and got the following reply -

"I have bids comfortably in excess of £110k so the answer to your question is no but thank you for your interest"

Regards,
Sunil
we offered exactly the same £100k but we got a email saying that he will let it go for £120k.he said that he has had loads of interest in the car but i dont think any dealer would give over £100k for it.hence why it is still for sale.

i think you will find that the b&o sound is actually £5055.:eek:

I thought it was likely to be 5417 ;)

Nah, just happened to look at the New Posts :thumb:

You got the joke yet ?
no you've got me ?:doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom