Small Dashboard Buttons on the Instrument Cluster

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve_Perry

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS350CDI Grand Edition
Just a quick question...

on the right hand side of the dash under the 'h' and 'm' buttons, used for adjusting the clock, what does the 'R' button do?

Thanks guys,

S.

Steve, it's the reset button when you want to zero things. Been a time since the C class went so apologise if I am wrong anyone.

If it helps to narrow things down a bit, I don't have on in my car.

Fudger,

Ahh, the '0' button resets the clock for me, on the left under the '+' and '-' buttons.

Thanks though :)

S.

I just cannot remember. I had a 1998 250td sport and a 99 c240 sport and thinking about it, I don't remember buttons on the right. Only the left.

What year is your c class?

Last edited:
Thanks Fudger,

Mines a March '98 vintage.

The button arrangement is as below,

+ h
- m
0 R

I think I've got a new frame when the back-lights were replaced recently as I used to have a minor scratch on the surface that I was going to try to reduce using some CD scratch repair fluid. Only now the scratch has disappeared after coming back from GF :D

Hence my asking about the 'R' button because I'm fairly sure I didn't have one before and it doesn't seem to do anything. Maybe it's used with models that have the multifunction display.

S.

turn the ignition on and hold the R button down,it should come up ,do you wish to reset the service indicator,then press the R button again to reset.

Originally posted by zerocool
turn the ignition on and hold the R button down,it should come up ,do you wish to reset the service indicator,then press the R button again to reset.

How is Assyst reset if you don't have this button? Is there another sequence, or do you require dealer equipment?

Thanks zerocool :cool:

Graham, you can reset the ASSYST indicator using the '0' button, it's quite convoluted but it is detailed in the interior manual.

S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom