Somebody reversed into my GLC Coupe at the petrol station

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

well they charged me £10 for information regarding a guy using my Reg local to me and I had to prove it was not my car , and they would only give out registration number and colour of the car involved not the owner. I had to wait until my fine was taken to court and then parking enforcement officers were able to source the owner.
It took 4 mths to sort out but at least I got off the fine and if I had admitted it was my car to stop the hassle , god knows what other offence he committed using my plate. I only won as my mb was blue and he had plated a black mb

Very minor damage looking at the photo's, try someone like Chips Away if you aren't able to polish it out yourself, I have dealt with worse damage using super fine finishing pads and Meguiars ScratchX. Just be gentle.

well they charged me £10 for information regarding a guy using my Reg local to me and I had to prove it was not my car , and they would only give out registration number and colour of the car involved not the owner. I had to wait until my fine was taken to court and then parking enforcement officers were able to source the owner.
It took 4 mths to sort out but at least I got off the fine and if I had admitted it was my car to stop the hassle , god knows what other offence he committed using my plate. I only won as my mb was blue and he had plated a black mb

Hardly the same as twice stating that they will not give out such information when a quick check of the relevant website clearly shows the opposite .

I don't see the point of getting the information. If you put in for some sort of claim, she would just say that she told you about it and that had let her off, which you did, and you have confirmed as much in writing on a public forum. No claim.

I wouldn't bother pursuing.

I had something similar and my local bodyshop polished it out for me whilst my car was in for something else.

As said, a detailer could probably polish it out.

If you don't want to see it (until the next time you wash it of course) rub some WD40 on the scratch

I don't see the point of getting the information. If you put in for some sort of claim, she would just say that she told you about it and that had let her off, which you did, and you have confirmed as much in writing on a public forum. No claim.

Are you a lawyer?

The other driver admitted a minor collision, just because the OP could not properly inspect his vehicle for damage at that time does not prevent him making a claim if he so wished..

Without being rude to you, if you read my previous post I said that I wasn’t going ahead with it anyway. I started this thread purely because I wanted to get opinions on improving the look of it myself. Have a good night!

Are you a lawyer?

The other driver admitted a minor collision, just because the OP could not properly inspect his vehicle for damage at that time does not prevent him making a claim if he so wished..
Thank you!

Are you a lawyer?

Yes I am.

The other driver apologised and the OP accepted the apology as being the end of the matter. He (I assume it's a he, as he would undoubtedly not be making such a fuss if the other driver was male) did not ask for any further details and chose at that time not to take any further action. He has now changed his mind without any proof that the damage he has now discovered was caused at that time. If "he" manages to discover who she is, I will happily act for her pro bono. "He" doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Last edited:
Without being rude to you, if you read my previous post I said that I wasn’t going ahead with it anyway. I started this thread purely because I wanted to get opinions on improving the look of it myself. Have a good night!

I did indeed read your previous posts. You stated very clearly: "I’m getting CCTV tomorrow, however unsure if it’s worth the hassle? I don’t want to go through my insurance to claim. Unless I requested their details via the DVLA?"

"Without being rude", if you don't want to try to claim something from this person that you let off, then why do you want to request her details from the DVLA? Do you just want to stalk/harass/bully her into giving you money?

If, as you now claim, all you are interested in is advice on removing the damage yourself, then why ask people how to trace the other driver????

Just go to Chips Away and get it fixed like a grown up.

Last edited:
I did read your previous posts. You stated "I’m getting CCTV tomorrow, however unsure if it’s worth the hassle? I don’t want to go through my insurance to claim. Unless I requested their details via the DVLA?" So, if you don't mean to be rude, just don't be.
I’ve got nothing nice to say to you so I won’t say anything at all. Thanks for your input and concern. Please close this thread and thanks to everybody’s suggestions it’s much appreciated!

My wife hit mine at the weekend whilst pulling out of drive. Have used this guy previously so called him up and sent pics. £140 he quoted and weather permitting he's doing it Thursday for me

Attachments

• 478A4680-03AD-4E98-AA99-AAA06A1C4670.jpeg
    478A4680-03AD-4E98-AA99-AAA06A1C4670.jpeg
    47 KB · Views: 14
My wife hit mine at the weekend whilst pulling out of drive. Have used this guy previously so called him up and sent pics. £140 he quoted and weather permitting he's doing it Thursday for me
Where are you based please?

Just put "Chips Away Manchester" into Google. Really not that difficult.

Chips away quote me £276 and wanted to have car for 2 days. Many independents out there
True. Chips Away are all independents too and do an outstanding job. Picking a random independent without any guarantee of quality can be a bit of a risk, though. With respect, you haven't seen what the result of your independent is yet and "weather permitting" doesn't exactly inspire confidence. Chips Away franchisee here has a proper indoor facility where weather isn't a factor.

Hardly the same as twice stating that they will not give out such information when a quick check of the relevant website clearly shows the opposite .

try it. Of course if you have a police Ref number it would help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom